Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Abduction

I’ve never been drugged and kidnapped, but I’m pretty sure the elevators in my parking garage smell like ether. Every time I go in there I wonder if I’m going to come out, or if I’m going to collapse on the floor and pass out. Does it deter me from taking the elevator? Absolutely not! My feet hurt enough as it is. I have also wondered this: If I DID pass out in the elevator, do you think I’d have to work that day? I mean.. I’m already pretty close to the entrance of the building, but I would think that being found on the grimy floor of the parking garage elevator would basically be a freebie, don’t you? Seriously, I’d probably contract a disease just from miniscule amounts of skin touching the floor of the elevator because it is beyond disgusting. To quote Rachael “it makes the bathroom at Stoney’s look like the Ritz-Carlton.” If you’ve been to Stoney’s in Worcester, you get the idea. If you haven’t, well.. I’m sure you can imagine what it must be like.

I spent some of my day notifying my bank and credit card companies that I would be in Ireland, just to make sure that any purchases I make are approved. I’m sure most are expecting me to bring them back something Irish… what that may be, I’m completely unsure of. I’m not rolling in the dough, so I think my pictures will be enough to convey the Irishness of the trip. Speaking of rolling in the dough, the attorney who won the Final Four Pool just came down and told me not to spend all my money in one place. He told me to buy a drink on vacation, but not at the airport because $11.25 probably wouldn’t be enough. He’s probably right. There goes Crystal’s plan to load up on beer and Tylenol PM so we can fall asleep on the plane! Maybe we should buy three bottles of Captain instead of the two Rachael asked for so we can do shots the whole way to Ireland. On second thought, I don’t even like Captain!

Looks like we won’t find out who Dannielynn’s baby daddy is until next Tuesday. Damn me for being out of the country! I’m kidding… Granted, I’m curious, but not THAT curious. God knows it’ll be all over the news no matter where I am! The O’s have Daniel Cabrera going against Boof Bonser tonight. I already went on a Boof Bonser rant at the end of last season so I won’t do it again, but seriously.. the guy LEGALLY CHANGED his name… to Boof.. Last time I wrote about him, he kicked our ass, so I’m hoping that since I didn’t badmouth him at all, Cabrera will come out the victor. OOH… I almost forgot.. there’s this bar in Ireland.. I think it’s in Arklow which is where I’ll be spending quite a bit of my time and where Rachael lives, that has a framed picture of Cal Ripken on the wall. Where do you think my first stop will be? I HAVE to have a picture of it. It would be a waste of a trip if I didn’t.

Tomorrow is hump day... Be prepared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FIRST of all - duty free has a large choice of liquors that you can pick from to do shots of on the way over. SECOND of all - Ireland isn't that backwards. I've got broadband and you CAN look up TMZ here. :-)