Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Someone has to lose...

The O’s dropped a heartbreaker last night, setting the stage for another come behind win, but to no avail. Brian Roberts hit a homer (his first, if I’m not mistaken) but Miguel Tejada swung at the first pitch with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth to end the game. There was questionable batting and baserunning and the O’s couldn’t pull in together in the end, losing by one run and effectively ending their winning streak. The O’s face the A’s again today at 3:05 (if anyone knows of somewhere online I can stream the game, let me know) with Jeremy Guthrie switching from the bullpen to take over for Jaret Wright, facing Dallas Braden in his first major league start. This could get ugly (hopefully for the A’s).

Dancing with the Stars was simply en fuego last night! I don’t really have the time to give the play by play so I’ll do some bullet points:

Joey and Kym started off the night with a stellar performance and great scores. They are definitely one of the teams to beat. I think John Ratzenberger got a bad rap! He did pretty well during his dance and the judges ripped him a new one. He might be in the bottom two, but I hope he doesn’t go home. I do hope that Heather Mills goes home. Don’t get me wrong, I was on Team Heather from the get-go, but now I’m just bored. She’s really done nothing for me, much like Ian Ziering. He has tons of talent, but doesn’t really know how to use it. If Apolo and Julianne DON’T win this year, I’ll be shocked. He is amazing, especially considering the limited practice time he had in the beginning and the fact that he’s never really danced before! They are such a cute pair and if he were on tour, I would go see him in a heartbeat. Oh, Billy Ray. What can I say? He puts his all into it and has a phenomenal fan base. He and his partner know he can’t dance, so they do what’s best for him. It’s a strategy that will probably keep him around for at least another couple of weeks. I’m still laughing that Laila raised her hand when the choreographer of the swing number asked who the strongest guy was. She’s right.. she threw Apolo around like he was a rag doll! She’ll probably be the only lady left after this week, and she deserves it. She really held her own practicing with all the professionals and I love her attitude. We’ll see who gets booted on tonight’s results show. Hopefully Samantha Harris doesn’t screw that up too..

Heroes has triumphantly returned to my Monday night lineup (although I admit I started watching it after Dancing with the Stars.. Thank GOD for DVR)! Last night was a pretty decent episode. It looked like Peter was going to die at the hands of Sylar, but Claire was there to bring him back to life by pulling a shard of glass from his head, much like she came back to life in an earlier episode. Nathan is trying to send her to Paris until after the election with her grandmother (who also has a power that has not been revealed as of yet) for her safety and his reputation. Isaac has met his demise thanks to Sylar, who has acquired his painting ability, although in a much scarier and sadistic brush strokes. Hiro and Ando are still in the future, trying to figure out how to stop the world from nuclear annihilation, where they run into Future Hiro, who’s none too pleased to see them. Linderman seems to have this idea that the nuclear fallout will bring a safer world, and he’s recruited Micah to help him. Niki/Jessica said no, but Candice took her form and willingly gave him up to Linderman. I watched the whole episode but I’m still unsure of what Linderman’s exact power would be. (Ok.. I’ve read a couple other sites and apparently he can revive the dead… which we learned when he bought some flowers back to life… Apparently my observations skills weren’t so keen last night) Next week’s episode catapults us five years into the future, and looks to be plenty interesting. Heroes.. how I’ve missed you!

I won’t be able to post tomorrow, as I’m headed to Rochester for that closing for work. I wasn’t going to stay at J’s so I wouldn’t wake up his roommate, but the thought of sleeping in an extra half hour definitely made me change my mind. Now I have to get up around 5, instead of 4:30. I know it’s only a half hour but at that time of the morning, it’s a HUGE thing! So.. I’m meeting the attorney in Fonda at 7 am and we’ll be on our way. It’s going to be a very long day and it means crazy overtime for me, although I’ll probably try to cut out early on Friday if I can. So, have a happy hump day and try to deal without me. You’ll have to get your news from elsewhere and I apologize in advance!

No comments: