Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Some things are more obvious than others

Clyde “the Glide” Drexler has FINALLY been booted from Dancing with the Stars. His nickname did NOT translate into his dancing ability because he was awful. I wasn’t surprised that he left (it really was his time to go) but I was surprised to see Heather Mills in the bottom two. I don’t think she’ll go too much further, mainly because she doesn’t have the fan base and I’m sure the Beatles fans loved noting more than seeing her fall on her ass. Next week the contestants have to learn TWO dances, and they’ll be doing one of them (at least) on the floor at the same time. I can see the train wreck now. Tune in kids!!!

Last night was a well deserved “date night” for J. and I (and it was his idea, which gives him a million more brownie points). Anyway, we went out to dinner and then went to the movies. We were supposed to do this down by my house so we could see 300, but with the wet basement mishap, we had to move the location. I was ok with seeing either The Reaping or Blades of Glory. He didn’t want to see Blades of Glory (apparently he’s sick of Will Ferrell) so it was The Reaping. When we got to the theater we found out that it wasn’t playing as there was a leak in the theater. There wasn’t much left to see but he had expressed interest in seeing some movie called Pathfinder, and I relented. I didn’t know what it was about, so I plead ignorance. Anyway, it was the legend of a Viking child left on Native American territory for dead and how he grew up with the Native Americans and defeated the Vikings that came to harm them. I’ll never tell him this, but it wasn’t a terrible movie. It just isn’t MY kind of movie. The violence was pretty grotesque but the story was kind of interesting. I can’t complain.. I didn’t pay for it and I got a big tub of popcorn. I’m not going to recommend the movie either way…

I can’t find anyone to change my fucking Euros.. I went to Key Bank and Bank of America this morning and they wouldn’t do it. I know my bank doesn’t do it (or I’d be shocked to find out they did) and I REALLY don’t want to go all the way to the airport to change 20 f’n Euros. That’s ALL I have.. but it’s over $25 and that’s kind of a big deal (much like Ron Burgundy!) I also need to get a money order/cashier’s check because I won an Ebay auction for three Winsor Pilates DVD’s. A few of my friends have used them and swear that they’re the best. I really need to tone up and they have a 20 minute one I could do before work and then do cardio later. Yep, I’ve got it all figured out.. I just need a money order that i don’t have to pay $10 to get. It’s unreal!!!

I’m sure most of you have seen this, but I just saw it for the first time this morning and I laughed my ass off. It’s a good way to spend a few minutes of your hump day.

On a final note, O’s lost last night to Tampa Bay, 6-4. Steve Trachsel was the losing pitcher and was doing well, until he hit a wall in the fourth and allowed all six runs in one inning. The O’s battled back, but it wasn’t enough. They are now tied with the Yankees in the standings, behind Toronto by 1.5 games and Boston by .5. I know it’s too early to look at the standings, but I kind of like that we’re not fourth or fifth, even if it’s only thanks to the alphabet.

No comments: