Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Things Hollywood SHOULD remake..

Yesterday, I was perusing my friend Sandra’s blog and she posted about that stellar late 80’s competition “American Gladiators” and particularly about a gladiator named Malibu. He looks like Fabio and talks like Keanu Reeves in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure. I know this because she also posted a link to him on YouTube that made me practically pee my pants. I really enjoyed American Gladiators back in the day, and I have caught it randomly on ESPN Classic. Apparently it’s playing at 7 pm weeknights and as I was flipping through channels when “A Bronx Tale” was on commercials, I came across none other than Malibu. I almost died. I had to call J. into the room and seconds later J’s brother called to tell him it was on. The funniest thing was that one of the contestants (and episode winner) was Billy Wirth. The show was from 1989 and he was in The Lost Boys in 1987 so you would have to wonder if his career ever really took off. Well, I checked out his page on IMDB.com and it seems he IS still working… as is Malibu. As a matter of fact, he and “Zap” are working on the same movie. Gotta love Hollywood!

Last night was pretty uneventful. J. made dinner.. we watched American Gladiators and NCIS… He fell asleep and I watched a pretty good episode of Law and Order: SVU. I haven’t watched the show in a while (it was on hiatus, but I’ve also been in bed early lately) and this one revolved around underage drinking and ramifications of doing so. I thought it was a pretty interesting show and I learned some things I didn’t know. Definitely check it out on reruns if you can.

I’m pretty sure I called it, but the bottom two on Dancing with the Stars were Leeza Gibbons and Shandi Finnessy, with Shandi being the second casualty of the show. Like I said, her fan base just wasn’t there, regardless of how well she performed. What I found funny was that on E! News, the contestants were asked what they thought of Ian Ziering’s strip tease training. Shandi’s partner Brian basically said it wasn’t his cup of tea. Um… I’m sorry, but he has got to be the gayest looking guy I’ve ever seen and apparently “it’s not my cup of tea” means “god I want to jump his bones.” Ok.. maybe he’s not gay, but you could have fooled me! Anyway, Ian has a surprisingly good body. He should have showed more skin! Next week it’s either the paso doble or the waltz. I’ll have to tape it as I won’t be here to enjoy the dancing!

I have no motivation to work. Tomorrow is going to be even worse, without a doubt. At least today I’m headed off to lunch with my friend Sue. That will break up the day for sure. However, it’s POURING outside. I’m really great at picking days that are so inconvenient it’s ridiculous. I wanted to take her to blue82, which is on Pearl Street, but that’s too far to walk in this weather, so we’ll just head over to the Pump Station. She’s never been there and has to go to a rehearsal dinner there in a few months so at least she’ll know where she needs to be!

Oh yeah.. the O's lost... 3-2.. but from the box score it looked like Cabrera didn't have a bad outing. Isn't that really all that matters when you're rebuilding.... for the past 10 years...

Anyway, time for me to finish some things up before I go to lunch. If anything interesting happens, you’ll be the first to know. You know what day it is… hump away!

No comments: