Tuesday, April 03, 2007

300

No, not the movie and definitely not the perfect game. This is my 300th post! I really can't believe it. That's a lot!!! Ok, enough celebration...Now let's discuss why last night was so not my night.

I was a big loser last night… sports wise I mean. I was thrilled to know the O’s were playing their season opener on ESPN2 for my viewing pleasure. Yeah.. it wasn’t really that much of a pleasure. Don’t get me wrong - it’s ALWAYS a pleasure to see Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis in HD and what O’s fan doesn’t like watching Miggy hit his first homer of the year (even if he did trip over home plate on the way through), but I didn’t need to see back to back homers by Justin Morneau and Torii Hunter, nor did I need to witness stellar, game changing defense by Rondell White. Nope.. didn’t need to see any of that. As you can guess, the O’s dropped their first season opener in 6 years to the Twins by a score of 7-4. Erik Bedard was simply OK, Paul Bako behind the plate was unimpressive (except for hanging on to the ball during a heinous collision with Justin Morneau) and the bats had moments of greatness. I know, it’s the first game of the season and it also allowed me to watch Dancing with the Stars when my frustration overtook me. At least we can’t go anywhere but up! (Obviously, this picture was NOT from last night - thank you O's)

To continue my loserdom, Florida repeated as NCAA Basketball champions last night, beating Ohio State to win the title. Therefore, I made the whole office happy by losing the office pool by one point. Granted, I won my money back but I really wanted to win it out of spite. I know.. healthy, right? I wonder when this lunch everyone is talking about is going to happen. $50 says it’s Friday, as I won’t be in the office. Whoop-de-doo!

As I mentioned, I was able to watch most of Dancing with the Stars last night, and I’m thinking it’s time for Leeza Gibbons to beat it, although I think Shandi Finnessy will be the next to go. She just doesn’t have the fan base some of the others have. They were raving about Leeza’s tango but I thought it blew… I don’t know.. there are many people who could go and quite a few who deserve it! I’m still rooting for Apolo and Ian. The judges made a big deal about Ian blowing it in the end of his dance, but the TV audience never got to see what he did, as there was some crazy camera malfunction. He still got one of the highest scores of the night and is turning into a real contender. The results show is on tonight and I’ll probably get to see it, as J. will more than likely already be passed out. Once again, we’re shacked up at his house as his roommate is away and J. has to watch his dog. I get increasingly frustrated with the dog situation and if I even start talking about it I’m going to say mean things so I’m not going to bother. My pleas fall on deaf ears anyway. Luckily, I’m already packed for Ireland, but I’d much rather sleep in my bed than his this week in case there are some last minute things I need to do. However, if I want to see him, I have to go his house. Yes, it saves me on gas, but it defeats the purpose of me spending a bazillion dollars on groceries and that is annoying.

Ok… off the soapbox.. Boys are frustrating. It reminds me why most of my relationships have been long distance! Then again, those have gone SOOOO well for me too.. Argh... I'm going to wallow in my frustration and count the minutes till lunch... More later..

No comments: