Friday, April 20, 2007

Nothing is ever there as long as you need it to be..

The movie theater is pissing me off. Ok.. it’s not really the movie theater’s fault.. my flooded basement is to blame. Tuesday night, J. and I had a date night of sorts, where we were supposed to go to dinner and a movie, all my choice, down by my house. Well, since the basement flooded, we had to do it at his house and we didn’t get to see anything I wanted to see (my initial choice was 300, as I feel it’s one of those movies you HAVE to see in a theater). No big deal at the time. Well, I checked movie times today and not only is 300 no longer playing near me but neither is Grindhouse! I was thinking of going to see it on Sunday afternoon, but now the closest place I can find is Spectrum Theater in Albany. I LOVE the Spectrum, as they use real butter on their popcorn, but do I really want to drive 45 minutes to go to a movie… alone? (Everyone I know has decided they hate Quentin Tarantino so they won’t go see it with me). 300 IS playing at the drive in, but it’s late, so tonight is really the only night I would be able to persuade J. to go, but I have a feeling he plans to get his drink on this evening, much to my chagrin. I really can’t be upset about it. He literally has one night to go out boozing, as he doesn’t drink the night before he works, but Friday is supposed to be date night and with my crazy schedule next week I doubt I’ll see him at all. I subtly hinted to that fact last night, but I don’t know if it got through his sleep deprived skull.

Last night, Sue and I determined the most embarrassing songs on my Ipod. Well, Sue decided what they were… I’m not really all that ashamed of any of them. They all had their day in the sun:

Eddie Murphy: Party All the Time (holy guilty pleasure.. I love this song)
Gerardo: Rico Suave
Sisqo: Thong Song
Color Me Badd: I Wanna Sex You Up

Ok.. I’m slightly embarrassed by Gerardo and I feel dirty whenever Sisqo comes on, but it does make me groove in my office chair, and sometimes that’s completely necessary!

Sandra sent me this today, and it has completely changed my outlook on fruit consumption.

It’s Cabrera v. Burnett tonight at Camden Yards, as the O’s begin a three game set against the Blue Jays. Both teams have identical records, as do their starting pitchers so it’d be nice win a few games and gain some ground, as the Yanks and Red Sox play each other tonight as well.

Stop reading and get outside and enjoy the weather! It’s gorgeous out, and it looks to only be lasting a few days, so take full advantage. Have a great weekend and TGIF!!!

No comments: