Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I told you so

I know I’m pretty late with this news, but Larry Birkhead has been confirmed as the daddy of Dannielynn Hope. Take that Howard K. Stern. I don’t think anyone was really surprised (even Howard) and Larry has always seemed to take a genuine interest in the child and I think he’ll be the best person to take her out of the spotlight and treat her like a real child, not a cash cow. But we’ll see.

Keith Olbermann has been tapped to co-host Football Night In America, the pre-game show that airs at 7 pm on Sunday nights before the NFL game that NBC telecasts. He will still host “Countdown” his show that airs on MSNBC. I’m not a HUGE football fan, but I’d watch anything sports related that he hosts. The loss of him and Dan Patrick on Sportscenter was monumental and has never been the same since. I miss their snarky banter, which might explain my love for the long cancelled show “Sports Night.”(Netflix the hell out of that show. I promise you’ll laugh your ass off and see a pre-television success Peter Krause and Felicity Huffman). Anyway, welcome back Keith.. How we’ve missed you!!

The O’s are on a TEAR!! They came back from a six run deficit last night to beat the Tampa Bay Devil Rays 9-7. Aubrey Huff had a home run against his former team who didn’t treat him very nicely during his plate appearances. It didn’t help that he booted the ball and managed to make two errors on one play. It was looking pretty bad for the O’s but their fielding evened out and their hitting has really come into its own, much like management had anticipated. It was a great game to listen to!! And to think, they don’t even have their real “starting lineup” yet! Corey Patterson is on bereavement leave after the death of his grandmother while we have yet to see what Jay Payton and Ramon Hernandez can bring to the team. Hopefully by the end of this week they’ll be able to come back to the team and start producing. The O’s are on a four game winning streak and hopefully they can keep it going. Hell, we’re not in the standings cellar!! What more could a girl ask for?

All I can say about Dancing with the Stars is that Apolo and Juliane were simply en fuego last night (come on.. I had to give a Sportscenter nod after my Keith Olbermann love)!! They killed their samba and got the first perfect score of the season. I really like them and hope they win. It’s time for Clyde to go as he basically let Elena dance around him. I’m also pretty sick of Karina doing the same thing to Billy Ray. No, he’s not good either, but she’s just a little too full of herself for my taste. Bottom two will probably be John Ratzenberger and Clyde, but you never know. Fan bases can keep you in way longer than normal (hello Sanjaya!). I think they’re giving Heather way too much credit at this point int eh competition. She fell on her ass and they still gave her decent scores. I was a campaigner for her in the beginning, but she’s bored me lately. Laila and Max were back to their sultry selves and did really well. Joey was impressive as always and Ian managed to shake his money maker, but not into the Judge’s hearts. They think he’s become mediocre. Guess everyone needs to step it up as they’re doing two dances from now on. We’ll see who goes home tonight!

No comments: