Thursday, April 19, 2007

Everyone needs a day off..

It’s an off day for the O’s, but they went into it with a win against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. The O’s defeated the Rays 6-4 last night behind a 3-4 performance from Miguel Tejada and a home run from Nick Markakis, both of whom are on the All Star ballot. Do they always do it this early? I mean.. they haven’t even given the guys time enough to do anything during the season and they’re already picking and choosing for the All Star game? It just seems early to me, but anyway, Erik Bedard pitched six innings, but threw 110 pitches in that time, his first start with Castillo. Let’s hope they can keep that pitch count down in the future! Then again, it wasn’t as bad as Rays pitcher Kazmir, who threw 102 pitches in just 4 innings. Yep, these are our aces!

In case you didn’t know, April is Grilled Cheese Month. How do you expect a girl to lose weight when you put Corn Dog Day and Grilled Cheese month so close together? It’s just wrong, I say… Wrong.. Speaking of losing weight, I managed to coerce J. into getting me the money order I so desperately need in order to get my Winsor Pilates DVD’s. I didn’t really have to coerce him as he was going to the bank regardless, but it sounds better when it seems like I really had to work it to get him to do it. I did lie and said I couldn’t get out of the office to get it, when really I just didn’t feel like doing it myself.

As time ticks down on my tenure here at work, everyone has decided to work me to the bone. Ok, not really, but you get my drift. Case in point: next Wednesday there is a closing in Rochester that probably should have closed months ago. It’s still dragging on. Anyway, that’s also our staff appreciation day at work and we’re having a lovely luncheon and they usually get us some gifts too. I had just RSVP’d to the luncheon when the HB (that’s heinous bitch for the newbies) asked me to come see her. Come to find out, she’s no longer going to the closing…. I am, with another attorney. Honestly, I don’t care that much because I’ll make some wicked OT and I won’t be in the office, but we need to be in Rochester (and ready to go) by 10 am. That means I’d have to leave my house at the ass crack of dawn to pick up said attorney and head out to Rochester. I’ll also have to work late the night before to get all the documents situated. So yeah.. I’m thrilled.. however, I could have had to go with the HB and then I would have had to kill myself or something to that effect, so this is definitely better. Plus, I’m headed to Vermont for my rugby reunion (Scorpion Bowl) on Friday, so maybe I can manage to get out earlier than I had anticipated. Silver lining, kids.

Not much time left here today (yay) and I’m off to Sue’s for some much needed gossip before the dance class that never ends. I love to dance, but this is getting rigodamndiculous. I guess it’s just because it’s so late at night and now that it’s so nice out (well, it’s supposed to be) the last thing I want to do is be inside. I say that, but if I didn’t have class I’d probably be at the Moosehead, chowing down on wings. Then again, tonight is Adriana’s last night at the Moosehead so who knows if we’ll even go there anymore.. Oops.. sorry.. lost my train of thought. Anyway, I’ll catch you tomorrow.. I’ll try to post as much as I can but I’m trying to get out early to start my weekend as I have to bowl in a pro-am tomorrow night and I need to be there earlier than usual. Luckily, my bowling ball and shoes survived the flooded basement so all is well. Enjoy your Thursday and TGIF..

No comments: