Friday, December 08, 2006

Nothing is sexier than helping others...


Nope... I was wrong... Nothing wrong with a little eye candy on a Friday, don't you agree? Honestly, the first picture is from Brian Roberts at the 28th Annual Oriole Holiday Party at the ESPN Zone. Every year the O's pick children from a disadvantaged area of Baltimore to participate and some of the Birds show up to waiter and play with the kids. Looks like everyone had a good time and I'm digging the chin scruff on my boy. Nothing like letting loose in the offseason! I tried to post a link, but it never worked so if you get a chance... go to YouTube.com and search for videos containing Earl Weaver. Click on the first one, just named Earl Weaver. I'm surprised they didn't send me home from work for laughing so hard and almost peeing my pants!

TGIF, am I right? It seems like it took forever to get here! Anyway, today is the day our office manager went over my review with me. In all honesty, it didn't go so bad. The attorneys said what I thought they were going to say, and I was happy to hear that the office manager was pissed about the comments on my drafting abilities. I told her about the issues I was having and that I was so frustrated that I did go looking for other jobs. I feel like I was able to say my peace and have it come out just the way I wanted it to. She also told me that a litigation attorney asked if they could hire another paralegal. There really isn't enough work to warrant that, so they asked if I might be interested in taking on some other billable hours. I'm much more comfortable with litigation work so I jumped (literally) at the opportunity. So, perhaps some day down the road (if/when they hire another litigation attorney) I'll be able to leave the boring world of bond behind for litigation. I would very much enjoy that. To top it all off, we have Bombers Burrito Bar for staff lunch today. It was my idea, but I never really thought they'd take it into consideration! So.. today was almost pleasantly surprising. Now if only I could bowl well tonight and make some money.. THAT would be even better!

Headed to NYC for the day tomorrow. Looks like it's not going to be as bitter cold as today (it's awful out, isn't it?) so that's a plus. The rest of my weekend will probably be spent writing out Christmas cards and watching movies. Lots of movies opened up this weekend but the only one I'm interested in is The Holiday. I have no desire to see Apocalypto or Blood Diamond (even with my new non-hatred of DiCaprio).

Because I was so torn on whether or not to get J. tickets to Evil Dead: The Musical for Christmas, I tried to play it sly. Last night I told him a friend of mine had gone to see it and his response was "that's awesome." Great, right? Not really... I don't know if that means that's awesome that your friend saw it and I would like to do the same or if it means anything that has to do with Evil Dead is cool. I might kill him before Christmas, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. So, yeah.. still up in the air. If anyone has any advice, I will certainly take it into consideration.

On a final "how did this happen" note: The song "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry was nominated for a Best Hard Rock Performance Grammy. I don't know if you've heard that song, but I'm curious to see who on the Grammy nominating committee came up with that one. I LOVE the song, don't get me wrong.... but I'm pretty sure a band whose nominated song includes the lyrics "I dream, i'm doing you all night, scratches all down my back will keep me right on" (and that was the tame part) will probably NOT grace the Grammy stage. Just a thought.. but wouldn't that be awesome!? I mean.. the Pussycat Dolls got nominated for a Grammy.. Seriously now.. what has happened to the world?

Enjoy your Friday and your weekend. If I think of anyone else, you'll be the first I tell...

No comments: