Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I'll take American History for $1000, Alex

Last night I went to see The Good Shepherd with Matt Damon and Angelina Jolie. I enjoyed it, but I think I need to see it again. First of all, I’ve never been so aware of how much of my American history I do not know. That’s slightly disconcerting. Second, the movie jumped back and forth through time, making it hard for me to tell which character was which. Once again, it was almost 3 hours long but I never felt like it. The plot was pretty good. I love Angelina Jolie as an actress, but I don’t think this was her best role. She came across as this forceful young woman when her character first came on screen so it was a tad unbelievable to see her look perpetually tear stained for the rest of the movie. Not that she wasn’t good, because she was. I guess I just wanted more. J. and I were fighting over the sequence of events in the movie and he was probably right because he’s a lot more observant than I am, which is why I’d like to see it again, so I can pay attention to the timeline and fill in my missing pieces. The theater was really packed! I guess everyone and their mother has the week off and this was the latest “early” movie playing. I can remember when movies were at 7:05 and 9:40. It was a constant. Last week I couldn’t go to see The Holiday with my friend Lynn because it started at 6:20. Ok.. I was sick too, but I could have never made it to a show that early.

Tonight I’m meeting my sister and our friend Kate at the Knickerbocker/Pepsi/Times Union Arena for a River Rats hockey game. We have tickets in the First Niagara box which is always better than sitting in the cheap seats. They’re further up but it’s all the soda and water you can drink for free and the seats are cushier with a private bathroom. I still have a closing tomorrow but we’re in pretty good shape and it looks like no one will have to stay tonight, which is a relief. I had said I could stay until about 7 but it seems we won’t have to. Or at least I won’t have to as they hate to charge out paralegal time, which REALLY works out (note the sarcasm) since I’m the one that gets penalized if I don’t have my minimum of billable hours. Whatever… as long as I’m out of here I’m a happy camper.

Gerald Ford and James Brown, all in one week. Who saw that one coming?

No comments: