Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I made the wrong career choice

because I don’t have this whole week off… There is so not a point in working this week. No one wants to do anything but get to their next day off and I am one of those people.

Christmas was pretty good. We went to my parent’s house on Christmas Eve where we chatted and I drank too many cosmos… and beer.. J. came to pick Tre and I up which was pretty nice of him. He had made an appearance earlier in the evening but he had some things he had to do later on. Anyway, he got me Season 2 of The Office (yay) and Seasons 1 and 2 of Dawson’s Creek… I already have them. I think this might be the only time he hasn’t listened to me! So, now we have to take them back and get seasons 3 and 4 instead. The other gift he gave me (which is way better than any of the others) was shaving off his goatee!!! It had grown to epic proportions (as you can see in the pictures from the last post) and while I tried not to complain about it, it was kind of irritating. So now he looks like a 12 year old boy but at least there’s no more facial hair!!! His family thinks I made him do it which, if anyone knows him, knows that no one can MAKE him do anything! I think they just wanted an excuse to make fun of him on Christmas. His brother and sister-in-law got me some stuff from Bath and Body Works and once again, I felt like a delinquent because I didn’t get them anything. I’m sending a very lovely Thank You note today though.

Anyway, woke up Christmas morning to my sister yelling that Santa came (to my parent’s house) and that we needed to get over there. This was 8:30. We’re like 6 year olds.. it’s almost pathetic. She got me a mouse for my laptop and a docking station/player for my Ipod. I just need to figure out how to work it and I’ll be golden. We made the trek over to my parent’s house, presents in tow and Dad made breakfast like always. I got a really nice piece of luggage (Ireland, here I come), my Ipod Nano (it’s so cute and tiny), lots of clothes, a nice new coat, a few books and CD’s (Huey Lewis and the News - Live at 25 and Carrie Underwood) and a few books: A financial book by Suze Orman, a “memoir” by Jancee Dunn - a writer for Rolling Stone, Cooking for Dummies and The Basic Guide to Cooking: How Long Do You Cook a Three Minute Egg. I think my family is trying to tell me something. I managed to pack all (well, most) of my gifts into one HUGE bag and head home to update my new Ipod. I basically spent the rest of the afternoon doing that until it was time to shower and head back over to Mom and Dad’s. So, the whole family is there, exchanging gifts, drinking and eating. I think everyone was stuffed to the gills with food. My cousins were sitting around talking about not having anywhere to drink later that night so I took one for the team and said they could come over, but I had to work the next day so they’d have to take it easy. Well, having my three cousins over turned into them, and three extra guys, none of whom made any attempt to be quiet. I almost overdosed on Nyquil trying to sleep but it was to no avail. Around 11 I told them to turn the music down and I got about 45 minutes worth of sleep before they woke me up again. I let that one slide. Then, around 12:30 I woke up to an incredibly stupid and heated argument over a beer pong game and (after waiting as long as I possibly could to have a meltdown) I screamed down the stairs “it’s a fucking game, shut the fuck up.” Silence. Then it was drunk people trying to talk quietly. That’s always fun.. and oh yeah.. there’s a heating vent in my floor that goes right downstairs so any conversation they had, I heard it, most likely unbeknownst to them. I did hear a conversation about someone eating Baked Lay’s and all I could think was “I have baked lay’s in my cabinet.” Not anymore.. When I went downstairs this morning (amidst the bodies and beer chaos) I looked to find my chips were gone, as was most of my water and I’m pretty sure some of my bologna. I slammed every cabinet door and the door out of the house and considered just blasting music this morning to prove my point as to how rude and inconsiderate everyone was. Now, I know I said it was ok, but considering everyone knew I had to work today, they could have been a little bit more thoughtful of the situation. As the night wore on they got a little more ballsy, because the music kept gradually getting turned up and I was up again from about 1:15 until 2:30. Then, all I wanted this morning was a McGriddle, as this time next week I will be on Operation Slimdown and will have already been to the gym. Could I get one? No… I waited in the drive through line at McDonald’s (at the ordering station) for 2 minutes and no one said a word. So I went across the street to BK and got a Croissant sandwich, but it just wasn’t the same. Then, I almost choked on a hash brown. I mean, is today going to be a slow one or what?

I should attempt to do some work, as long as it does not involve me staying late this week. I had two shitty closings so I think it’ll be my partner in crime’s turn this week (even though she’s not here today). I have plans for tomorrow night and I told her that last week so she kind of agreed to take the reins from me on this one which means it’ll probably be a piece of cake and she’ll be done with it by noon on Thursday. That’s how it’s been going lately! Hope you’re recovering from Christmas and I’ll try to update more later.

No comments: