Monday, March 03, 2008

Welcome to March

It's already been pretty busy, hence my not having a chance to post but I plan to remedy that right now!

First off.. what a night.. I finally managed to watch The Recruit and when I got done, SWAT was on FX. What more could a girl ask for?

Friday night Tre, Danny, J and I went to the Siena game. We had tickets in the First Niagara box and we had a blast. There was a slight issue when some random guy called J "Limp Bizkit" but it all worked out. I mean, what a dated reference.. I think that's why J let it go because this guy really should have come up with something better. Anyway, we started at Hill Street Cafe where we ran into one of our friends from softball. He was also bowling in the tournament the next day so we made a side bet of $1 a game. More on that later.. We also ran into my cousin, her boyfriend and some other friends. Guess the Siena game was the place to be on Friday night! Anyway, the game was really good. Siena kicked ass and everyone got a little buzzed, if not more. By the time we got home I was more than ready for bed, and passed out pretty quickly.

I woke up really early Saturday morning so I could do my running before the tournament. Call me superstitious, but ever since I started running before my bowling league, I've been kicking ass. I think it helps with my timing. Anyway, the roads were wet, but basically fine, after what was SUPPOSED to be a solid storm the night before. I got to the gym and there were no cars and a note on the door. Yeah.. I was kinda livid. I definitely could have used the extra sleep. I didn't have the time to sit around and wait for the worker to get there, so I just resigned myelf to the fact that I wasn't going to be able to run that morning. I went home and started to watch America's Next Top Model that I had DVR'd earlier in the week. At 7:53 Tre comes in and asks when I'm taking a shower, as Dad was picking us up at 8:15. The night before she had told me he would be there at 9, as the tournament was postponed an hour for inclement weather. So, I ran around the house like a chicken with my head cut off to get ready and guess when Dad came? You got it.. 9:00. Great way to start the day. We hit the Whitestone Cafe for breakfast (AWESOME) and made it to the bowling alley with plenty of time to get our stuff together. Tre and I bowled right next to each other and my ex Jason finagled his way onto my lane. So yeah, we were spending the whole day together. Tre and I bowled really well the first half of the day, averaging well over 200 per game. We were leading 1 and 2 going into the second block.. which is where we both shit the bed. I started out bad and just couldn't make up the deficit from that one bad game. It didn't stop either of us from making the Top 5 though, so while we started drinking, we had to continue to bowl. Our team ended up winning the whole tournament and it was off to the Elks Club for the "banquet." I was in charge of the women's jackpots so I wasn't really around much, until after the money presentations. I won a little bit, which was better than the goose egg I won last year! Well, since the bowlers from across the river aren't on our side that often, we all decided to go to Melino's for a little after party. And oh yeah.. did I mention my sister had already offered Jason our couch to sleep on? Yeah.. so the plan was for one of the guys to drive me, Tre and Jason down to the bar in Jason's car and Jason would sober up enough to drive back to my house. That was the plan.. Guess who ended up sobering up? You got it.. me. I could tell from the get go that Tre and Jason wouldn't be viable options, so I took one for the team. We had a good time at Melino's: I drank water, Tre and Jason did jager bombs while Jason stared at me and told me how beautiful I am. Well, he's observant, you have to give him that! I got everyone home and to bed safe and sound. How they felt in the morning was not my responsibility or concern!

Sunday I woke up to Jason looking for his keys, but I was still prettty beat so I passed out again shortly after he left (I forgot how much it takes out of you to bowl eight games in one day!) I had plans to meet up with my friend Kim for lunch. We went to paralegal school together and she's been splitting time between Latham and White Plains for the last couple of years, so it's been kind of hard to get together for any extended amount of time. She called me that morning and we made plans for later on in the day, so I decided to hit the gym, even though it was the last place I wanted to be. I ran for 28 minutes straight, and I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack when I was done. My legs were killing me and I was exhausted. I took a shower an settled in on the couch to watch my DVR'd shows and wait for Kim to call. She was running WAY behind schedule, but it worked out. We met in Valatie at the Dunkin Donuts (we always used to hit the one in Schenectady between classes so I thought it'd be a great place to go for old times sake) and had a chance to catch up for an hour and a half or so. It wasn't enouhg time, but it was better than nothing! From there I headed up to J's house for the night. He had to work at 4 so I knew it'd be an early night, which worked out really well considering I think I was in bed before he was. He bought a computer this weekend so we had these big plans to set up his Itunes and such, but we both passed out before we had the chance. He did manage to do it today and so far, he hasn't lost any of the songs I put on it. So far.. Doesn't matter much though, since I managed to get my ex, Bill to find me a program that would allow him to take the songs off Itunes onto his computer. It's good to have smart exes.

That's about the extent of it. No time for any pop culture news and notes in this post. I'm too busy watching Colin Farrell work out on the beach. You can see how that would take precedence. One work day down, four to go.

No comments: