Monday, March 10, 2008

Letter to Afrim's

After last week's soccer debacle, I wrote a letter to the guy that was a douchebag.. and blind cc'd it to his boss... :) Hey.. actions have consequences.. deal with it.

Dear _______ –

I’d like to take a moment to clear up the events of the last week.

First of all, I want to thank you and the staff at Afrim’s for being so helpful and accommodating for the last three sessions. We’ve really enjoyed easing ourselves back into the game of soccer and are saddened that we won’t be back until the Fall.

However, I want you to know that if it weren’t for your rude and unprofessional conversation with my teammate, we would still be playing this session. She was simply calling to clarify things and swearing at her was just the tip of the iceberg. I don’t know what brought on that outburst, but it was completely unwarranted and I hope that’s not the way you treat people in business. I understand that you don’t work in a stereotypical office, but it doesn’t give you the right to say the things you said to her. I can only hope that if you looked back on that conversation, you would do things differently. Perhaps you were having a bad day. After all, we all do. That doesn't warrant you speaking to her the way you did.

You made a point of saying that we were making a big deal out of nothing. You’re entitled to your opinion. However, considering we drive up to an hour to get to games, it’s important to know what is going on and not just a day in advance. That, and we are paying your facility. I don’t think it’s fair that we weren’t at least asked or told in advance (of more than a day) that we were being pushed to a level we weren’t comfortable with. We had lost our goalie and a few other valuable players and yes, I understand that looking at our goals against and record for the past two sessions, we would be bumped up. However, we were not the same team and as I’m sure you’re aware, the loss of a goalie is pretty devastating. Unfortunately, it’s not a position just anyone can play. While we were unhappy about going to that level unprepared, we had no intentions of not doing so, until your conversation with Allyson.

I was disappointed and surprised to hear that “5 or 6” teams were unwilling to play us. We had a problem with one team, and I admit, it was a warranted issue. It was a physical game and things were said and done that probably weren’t very sportsmanlike on both sides. I understand that. However, if there had been complaints about our game play I really wish you (or someone else) had taken me aside and let me know about it, perhaps even suggested we go up a level. What we consider playing aggressive, may not translate as such to other teams. If you feel there would be another league we would be better suited for, I would be more than happy to consider it instead of the Moms league.

Like I said, we’ve had a really great time the last couple of months and are eagerly awaiting the Fall session to start back up again. I really wanted to write this so there would be no hard feelings and we could clear the air about it. I apologize for the late notice on our not playing, but it was the only thing we could do, as we really did hem and haw over our decision.

Thanks again for all your help over the past few months and we look forward to playing again in the Fall. Maybe even at Level 1….

God damn, I'm eloquent..

My plans for tonight fell through so I have NOTHING to do. I mean, I already did my laundry and went to the gym! Therefore, I should be back with more later..

No comments: