Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Belated Easter

Hope everyone had a lovely day. It was sunny out in my neck of the woods, although still a touch cold for this time of year. We had the family over and as per usual, it got a little loud in the house. We're good like that. Mom made prime rib, twice baked potatoes and corn. I admit, I missed the ham. I'm a big fan of ham. Still, the prime rib was good, as were the potatoes. Mom also made banana cream pie from scratch AND Robert Redford Cake. I have no idea why it's called that, but it was really good, perhaps like Robert Redford. I wouldn't know from personal experience so I can only speculate. Tre and I got Easter baskets for the first time in a few years. Yes, my parents are queer, but that is why we love them! I got a running shirt, Cadbury Creme Eggs, Marshamallow Peeps, white chocolate non-pareils from Vasilow's and some trial size stuff from Bath and Body. At least that's all I can remember off the top of my head, as my mom had me put it out of the way and Tre and I subsequently forgot our baskets at the end of the night. The only thing I missed this year was Cadbury Mini Eggs.. I didn't see them ANYWHERE and they're my favorite, even more so than creme eggs. If anyone has any they don't want, I'll gladly take them off your hands.. and don't try to pass off those damn malted milk eggs.. I can see right through that trick..

I was supposed to run three miles yesterday, but that didn't happen. I went to the gym, which was supposed to be open from 8-12 and found the door locked with no note. I went to my parent's house and ran on their treadmill, but I only made it through a mile before I thought I was going to die. Not quite sure why. Tre and I had gone to Meadowgreens the night before and I had my first ever Jager Bomb, but I felt fine in the morning. Tre, Nikki and I decided we shoudl go out and watch some basketball Saturday night, so we had pizza, wings and beers. It was a really good time, until the end of the night when I lost my brackets. I bring them with me EVERYWHERE during March Madness because I can never remember who I have in my pool. Well, in trying to get out of the bar Saturday night, I must have left them there. Luckily, Nikki was nice enough to text me my picks for the day. She's a good egg. I'm doing OK in my pools. All my Final Four teams are still in, so that could be a miracle in and of itself at this point. I can't wait till they start playing again on Thursday!

J and I went to dinner after bowling, then back to his house to drink beer and watch a movie. Yeah, we made it through 2 beers a piece and about an hour of War. This is the second time we've tried to watch it, and he insists he's seen it all. Well, when I woke up during the end credits, he was snoring like a buzz saw, so I really don't think he's seen it all quite yet. I've already threatened him with bodily harm if we don't go see Be Kind, Rewind this week, mainly because I'm shocked it came to Hudson and have no clue how long it will last. J was a no-show for Easter, which I kind of understood, but was still disappointed about. He called just as we were sitting down to dinner and had just gotten out of work. He definitely worked more than 12 hours that day so I felt bad, but I guess I thought he'd make some sort of effort. Then again, I've never worked over 12 hours on 4 hours of sleep, so I should give him the benefit of the doubt. To compensate for being "slightly" bitchy on the phone, I brought him home some pie. That's enough, right?

OH MY GOD - Fabulous news! My cousin Chrissy and her boyfriend Kenny got engaged yesterday! Congratulations go out to them.. they're a perfect fit as far as couples go, and I can't wait to see the ring. I have to admit, I cried. I don't know, it's weird. This is my first relative that I'm really close to to get married, so it was just a different feel than when your friend tells you they are. That, and when my friends get engaged I immediately think of how much money it's going to cost me. What can I say? I've been in enough weddings in the past that I can be a tad cynical about stuff like that. However, I have to say that of all the weddings I've been in, no one (knock on wood) has gotten divorced.. That's a pretty good track record. Anyway, they're probably going to do a small church service with just immediate family, then a party, which is very much the way they are. I can't wait and I couldn't be happier for her. She shocked me with that news today, especially since Kenny has had the ring since November and asked my Uncle for permission about a month ago! I have no idea how he kept it in all this time! So, Congratulations Chrissy and Kenny!!!

Slow day today... we should have the day after holidays off just to digest! I'll be back with a story later..

No comments: