Monday, March 31, 2008

Bullet Points

I've been pretty busy at work and in life, so I'm going to try to simplify and give everything it's own paragrah and/or sentence. Hopefully I don't forget anything!

- Jason is NOT the baby daddy.. It's a pretty sad situation when you think about it. I mean, he's formed a bond and relationship with this child, and now he finds out it's not his? How awful could that be? And what kind of person does that to someone else!? I feel terrible for him. I know it's something he wanted, but I don't think he realized how it would afect him emotionally. The other day he said to me "Kara, this is the worst thing anyone has ever done to me." Be careful what you wish for, right? More to come on this subject, as now the poor guy will have to go to court to prove he's NOT the real father. So not only has she screwed him on child support for the last year, but now he's going to have to spend what will more than likely be an exorbitant amount of money to get her out of his life. This chick sounds like someone I'd like to meet in a dark alley. Seriously.. .who DOES that?

- I ran three miles on Thursday.. All by myself.

- J had his bbq on Saturday and I made an appearance even though I'm still bitter over the fact that I wasn't told about it (he insists I was.. I insist I wasn't). He certainly put the grill set I got him to good use! I give him a lot of credit, when he puts his mind to it, he sure can pull off a good meal. Well, it would have been a good meal had he not put onions in the meat, but it still turned out OK. Unfortunately for him, less people than expected showed up so he had lots of leftovers. Then again, maybe that's not as unfortunate as one would think. I left there to meet my cousin and softball buddies in Chatham for some cosmic bowling, then went back to his house afterwards. Two of his friends were still there so we played some drinking games and both passed out around 1:30, which was an improvement from 10:30 the night before. I'm telling you, Fridays are a killer for me.

- My friend Stephanie asked me to have a candle party. I have no interest whatsoever, but she's managed to guilt me into it. She's just starting to do parties for Party Lite candles and needs to do so many parties to get started. The way I figure it, if I were in the same situation, I would hope she'd such it up and have a party for me, so I shall do the same for her. So, keep your eyes open for an invite my friends.. Don't worry. I don't expect anyone to buy anything, but show up and make it look good and you might find something you like!

- Big Brother - last week Natalie won HOH, which means I have to listen to her whiny, annoying voice for at least another week and a half. Last night she nominated James and Joshua (as I'd expected) for eviction and if it stays that way, it's pretty obvious that James will be the one to go. Seriously, if Natalie makes it to the final two or wins, I might have to give up on Big Brother.

- Top Chef - The chefs had to come up with a menu that would satisfy the attendees of a block party, by using ingredients they found in the pantries of the residents. They were split into two teams, neither of which REALLY impressed the judges, but Eric's corn dogs sent him packing. Apparently the kicker is that he's made corn dogs (with lobster or something, of course) at his restaurant, therefore he should have known that transport would take the crispiness right out of them. Plus, corn dogs are probably the only thing on that show that I'd eat, so I have to say I was disappointed to see them not done justice.

- For the second year in a row, I could come in second in my old work's Final Four Pool. However, if Kansas keeps playing the way they have, I won't have a chance! Hell, it'd be nice to win back the money I put out, ya know?

- I'm looking to find a loan so I can consolidate all my debt. Anyone know of one with a good interest rate?

- Today was Opening Day at Camden Yards. Cal was there, and I wasn't. Don't worry.. I'm not bitter (That's a lie.. I'm CRAZY with bitterness). Anyway, the O's lost 6-2 to the Rays (not the Devil Rays anymore) which can only mean one thing: the start to a horrendous season. But hey.. maybe it'll be the start of an upward swing.. I mean.. you've gotta hit the bottom before you can make it to the top again, right?

- Happy Belated Birthday to my other man, Vince Vaughn (March 28) and happy birthday to my friend Shani! Hold off another couple hours so that new baby has it's own birthday.. Plus, if you wait till April 1 I bet your husband never forgets the baby's birthday!

- My sister got a summons for jury duty in the mail on Saturday. I got all excited when I saw it, then I realized it wasn't for me. Seriously, I'm the only person in the world that WANTS jury duty, and I can't get it. WTF?

Today I (to quote Office Space) "had a bit of the Mondays" so I'm going to relax, watch How I Met Your Mother and try to figure out how to replace my EZ Pass with one that works (I'm getting sick of being "that girl" on the bridge who stops traffic... and not in the good way). Remember, don't believe a word of what anyone says to you tomrorow.. although I'm sure I'll havea story about how I couldn't take my own advice in that regard.

No comments: