Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Soccer Drama

Last night I got a phone call from a girl at Afrim's, telling me that our game was moved to 7:40 instead of 8:40. She then proceeds to tell me that is because we got bumped up to Level 1. I asked if we had a choice in the matter and she said "no, not really." Um.. ok.. aren't I paying YOU? Shouldn't I have a choice what division we play in? So, I was pissed off by this turn of events, only because we've lost some players and our goalie. Not having a goalie can make a huge difference. The play in Level 1 is much faster and as you can recall, we didn't fare so well in Level 1. I called some of the girls and everyone was pretty peeved that we didn't at least get asked if we wanted to go up, rather than just put us up there 24 hours before the game! It seems the games are earlier too, which is nice and all, if we didn't have two people who can't get there anytime before 8 due to work commitments!

So, Allyson (one of our players) called Afrim's for an explanation of things. She was basically berated by the guy who had, up to this point, been extremely helpful and nice to us. He was rude and unprofessional, at one point telling her to be quiet so he could get a word in edgewise and just being demeaning by calling her "honey." He also said that 5 or 6 teams in the division didn't want to play us so besides our goals against (obviously without Fish not a real accurate representation of our team) that was why we were going up. What I find funny is that two teams joined the league yesterday (so they say). So, if five or six teams didn't want to play us, shouldn't he have known this LAST week or earlier? So yeah.. I'm pretty sure he's lying.

Anyway, we've decided to bail on this session and come back full force in the fall. I don't like the fact that it looks like we don't want to lose. That's not the case at all. To be honest, we were going to play until Jason pulled his attitude on Allyson. It just gave everyone a bad taste in their mouth and made us really not want to give Afrim's our money for a while. I think Tre is going to call and let them know which is probably a good thing. Tre kind of can't be mean to anyone. If I got Jason on the phone, we might never be allowed back into Afrim's! I was thinking about writing a very well thought out email to him regarding the situation, but I really don't want to waste my time if I don't have to. I'm disappointed.. I love playing, but hey.. softball's coming soon and not only do I have my own co-ed team, but J seems to think I'm playing with him on Friday nights. I think it's only because he really likes my bat, but whatever.

This drama has taken up my life for the last 12 or so hours, but I'll try to be back with more later.

No comments: