Friday, March 21, 2008

Bad Way to Start the Weekend

I need new tires.

I've been up J's ass for the last month to take my car in for an oil change. After all, isn't that part of the fun of having a boyfriend? I just don't do the car thing. That's what mechanics and AAA are for. J loathes my ignorance for all things cars, but takes my car in for oil changes anyway. Life is good. So yeah.. I've been bugging him for at least a month and finally got sick of waiting. My steering has just felt kinda loose and not right, so I brought it to the shop. They called me this morning to let me know that three out of four of my tires are basically down to the tread and I need new ones. I guess it makes sense. I've had the car for almost two years and have put 32,000 miles on it in that time. Still, with that and the oil change, it's over $400 I just don't have. Thank god my mechanic bills me and doesn't want the money up front. Oh yeah... and did I mention that 10 minutes after I made the appointment with the mechanic J offered to take my car in for an oil change? Yeah... perfect timing.

No comments: