Monday, November 19, 2007

Tonight's the Night

I have a date with blind date boy. We're meeting for dinner at El Loco and then perhaps going to the movies. I think we'll see Gone Baby Gone since SOMEONE didn't take me to see it this weekend because (as I predicted) he didn't get back from NC till 10:30 and then was tired all day Sunday. Cry me a river.. Anyway, I'm extremely nervous for a multitude of reasons, but I'm sure it'll be fine. And if not, well, I get to bitch slap Amy and call it a day. He said he'd be hard to miss as he's 6' tall and bald. I said I would be wearing a pink peacoat so I would more than likely be hard to miss myself. Blind dates are so nerve wracking! Ok, this is technically my first one, but I really haven't been on that many dates so I don't really know what the protocol is. I think as long as you don't get spincah in your teeth and don't put out, you're golden.

Last night I watched my netflix movies, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Kinky Boots. With Y Tu Mama Tambien, I learned a lot about Mexico. They like to fart and fuck (not in that order) and apparently they don't have razors, cause body hair is RAMPANT. I enjoyed the movie.. lots of sex.. I really don't know how they fake that kind of stuff.. It looked pretty damn real to me! Like I said, the movie was good, I just get distracted by subtitles. I know there were times I missed things because I was too busy looking at the subtitles, or for some reason, that subtitle just didn't come up at the time. Still, decent flick. Kinky Boots was also pretty good. The premise is that this English guy takes over the family shoe factory after Dad dies. It's pretty much going under, so in order to save it he decides to start making boots and shoes for drag queens and transvestites and start his own niche, with the help of a drag queen named Lola. Of course, no one wants to take Lola seriously and he/she makes friends and saves everyone's jobs. It was cute! My sister walked in at the climax with 8 drag queens on stage modeling the boots and of course, just rolled her eyes and said I was weird. What can I say? Sometimes I like British humor. Plus, Lola was in Love, Actually and that's a plus in my book.

Other than that, not much is going on. I was bowling quite crappy (do you see a trend here) on Friday night and was bowling next to my co-worker's husband. I left a pocket 4-9 split in the 10th frame (I know not all of you will understand, but work with me) and when I came back he made a comment. I went to hit him, but hit his chair instead. My hand started throbbing and I was pretty sure it was turning black and blue. Yeah.. it did. By Friday night it was a nice shade of blue and now it's mellowed out a bit, but still black and blue. I know, I'm an idiot, but he deserved it. Well, he would have if my aim had been better. Thank goodness I never took up boxing.

No comments: