Saturday, November 10, 2007

Are you still here?

I called in sick yesterday. There wasn't much to do at work and I was just not having a good week, so I decided to bite the bullet and give myself a stress free day. Is that so bad? I said I had an allergic reaction and that my eye was swollen shut. I feel bad about that, but I'm sure I'll get over it. J and I went to breakfast and then I went to the gym. The rest of the day was spent on pogo playing games (seriously.. it's an addiction.. i think I need rehab) and emailing back and forth with blind date boy (that's what we're going to call him for now.) Honestly.. he seems like a really nice guy. He's funny and I think he thinks I'm funny. How can THAT be bad? He does have a kind of scary tattoo, but they can be covered. He already asked if I wanted to get together, but I'm playing hard to get... Do you think the fact that I told him I was playing hard to get defeat the purpose!?

I finally watched A Beautiful Mind today. Wow... I'm really upset with myself that it took me six years from its release date to watch it. I was just enthralled by it! I thought it was an incredible film with amazing acting. I do not remember who beat Russell Crowe for the Best Actor Oscar, but I just can't fathom it. I mean, his acting was just amazing becuase it wasn't just acting.. it was literally changing his entire personality and mannerisms. There are no other great words I can say to describe it except if you haven't seen it, you have to! It's THAT good. I also watched Bottle Rocket, which I believe was both Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson's first film. It was entertaining and funny. I'm really not a big Owen Wilson fan, but it wasn't a waste of an hour and a half, so that's something.

I was the second person at the gym this morning. I could get used to that. After lifting and bowling last night (where I finally bowled well enough to feel ok about things), I was pretty beat so I pretty much came home and went to bed. That explains why I was up at 7:30 on a Saturday to go to the gym. Seriously, I should do it every weekend because I had my pick of machines and TV programs, which is a rarity. However, I had accomplished basically everything I was going to accomplish that day by 9:00 am and that's kind of disconcerting. I wanted to do something, but I'm pretty broke right now so I watched my Netflix movies and the Law & Order: SVU episodes I DVR'd. Now, here I sit. 8:00 on Saturday night. Alone. Getting ready to watch Rent, because I've exhausted my Netflix resources and no one will watch Rent with me anyway! Really, I'm ok with it... Gotta rest up for the gym and perhaps soccer practice tomorrow. Wish I had more, but I told you it was a boring week. I've been doing this blog for over a year and this might be the worst week ever. That's not so bad!!! Hope you're enjoying your weekend and hopefully next week will be drama infused.. just for you!

No comments: