Monday, November 26, 2007

Recap: Black Friday

I do not do Black Friday shopping. I have yet to find something I need so badly that I'd get up at 4 am to combat millions of other people to get it! Well, my sister and my mother had decided they were going to go and I passed. Until they told me they were going to Woodbury Commons in Harriman for their Midnight Madness sale. I didn't think that sounded so bad since I wouldn't have to go to sleep, then get up crazy early. We left around 11 and were a mile from the exit at midnight. We made it into the parking lot of the outlets around 3 - 3:30 a.m. Were there any parking spots to be found?! Of course not! We literally drove in and drove out and basically were in the car for five hours to get breakfast at a rest area McDonald's. Good times. I begged her to just go to the next exit so we could turn around and go home, because after an hour of sitting in the back seat I was getting a tad cranky and tired. She wasn't sure where the next exit would take her so she decided we should stay where we were. Yep.. good times.. We went to the outlets in Lee on Sunday instead. There weren't as many people as I had anticipated and we got some good stuff. If anyone's interested, Mikasa is having a store closing sale and there are some great deals. I wish I had a house so I could get my own place settings. They're really nice and really cheap! Tre and I got lots of stuff for our bar for Christmas, but Mom let us have it beforehand so we would have plenty of stuff for our party. Then we came home and vegged... like I had all day Saturday. I watched a marathon of October Road and tried to watch Young Frankenstein with J, but we both crashed too quickly. I did end up watching it last night. I really try to like Mel Brooks movies and I do think they're funny, just not the masterpieces of comedic cinema the world seems to think they are. Except Spaceballs... I really liked Spaceballs.

I'm really looking forward to this miniseries on the Sci Fi channel, believe it or not. I was all excited about it and I told J how cool it looked and how I was looking forward to watching it, when he told me that he was the one who told me about it a month or so ago. Maybe he's right.. perhaps sometimes I'm not that great a listener... I think what happened was he said "There's this miniseries on Sci Fi based on the Wizard of Oz" and then his lips were moving, but I didn't hear anything else. There are three things in life that kind of give me the heebie jeebies. One is the Wizard of Oz. I think it has something to do with the flying monkeys. Two is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. You couldn't pay me enough to watch that movie.. it's like the worst acid trip ever (so I've heard) and it's because of that I couldn't even bring myself to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (which just so happened to be on HBO2 when I got home today.. small world huh?). Number three is Mister Rogers. I loathe Mr. Rogers. He freaks me out. When I was little I would run out of the room when his show came on, screaming "No Mr. Rogers, No Mr. Rogers." My mom thinks it's cause when he came on that meant Sesame STreet was over, but I think it goes much deeper. Honestly, I think I just have issues with PBS cause as an adult I've had nightmares about Mummenschanz and the Letter People. So anyway, yeah, Tin Man starts at 9 pm on Sunday night and I'm very excited about it. I even persuaded my ex, Bill to Tivo it. You're welcome Sci Fi Channel!!!

No comments: