Friday, November 16, 2007

In the words of Pat Benatar....

HEARTBREAKER!!! That's what our game on Wednesday night was. We lost 1-0 and dominated the second half. I went back in with about four minutes left and when my sister came out she said "if they score, it's your fault." Well, 30 seconds later I'm sure you know what happened. I wouldn't say it was my fault, but someone needs to be the scapegoat, right? We had SOOOOO many shots on goal that I really don't know how we didn't score at least once, but such is life. It's just fired us up for next week's game. I think dropping down a level was a great choice though. The teams are definitely more our caliber and no one is running circles around our old asses. Perhaps we just need to get back in the swing of things.

Project Runway: I'm already in love, but good lord, where did they find these models? I mean.. last year's models were extremely fierce and walked like it was their job (ok.. it is, but you know what I mean). These girls can't walk to save their lives!? If there is ever another "mother fucking walkoff" I don't know if anyone will survive. I don't have time to do a full post on everyone, but I already love Rami and was so glad to see him win the first challenge. Christian is a bitchy little queen so you know he's going to be great television. Um.. I know Jack is gay and HIV positive and all, but good lord I love watching him on screen. He's drop dead gorgeous. Elisa is.. well.. so weird. That train on her dress was atrocious and she only got to stay cause Simone's coat didn't go with the outfit and it's never a good thing to sew the model into the dress. That rarely works. I think Carmen is pretty feisty and it looks like Jillian isn't as meek as she looks. Oh Project Runway, i think you were worth the wait..

My friend Amy called me on Wednesday night to basically scold me for not yet going out with blind date guy. Ok.. the "hard to get" comment.. Totally a joke.. What can I say? He hasn't technically asked me out and I'm old fashioned that way. I'm sure it'll happen in the near future, so take a chill pill my friend :)!!

My desk calendar is the ESPN All-Sports Trivia Challenge. Yesterday's question was: What is the score of a perfect game of bowling. I got it right :)

It's f'n cold outside. I hope J brings me a cocoa when he comes to get my car to give me an oil change. Again, he's the best non-boyfriend ever. He's a moron though. Last night he tells me that his cousin called and asked him what he was doing from 3:00 today through 7:00 Saturday night. Apparently she's driving her man down to NC and wants someone to go with her. Now, he hasn't recovered from his trip to VA yet.. Has been exhausted all week and wants to be in a car for 28 hours. I told him he was an idiot, which didn't make him happy. If he had told me the reason she wanted him to go was because this guy is now her EX man and she didn't want to be in the car with him alone, then I wouldn't have reacted quite the way I did. Personally, I say buy the mo' fo' a bus ticket and call it a day. So, he hasn't decided if he's going yet, but I know he will. Course, we're supposed to go see Gone Baby Gone this weekend and I know that's going to get shot to shit now so I'm a little peeved. Usually he's Mr. "if we have plans first, then I don't cancel them cause someone else asked me to do something." Whatever... I just really want to see this movie! I know.. pathetic, but I like the movies and there's lots coming out that I want to see. Thank GOD C. Howe is coming home for Christmas. We need to make a list of movies to see while he's home.

Time to work. TGIF and all that jazz. If I can think of more stuff, I'll let ya know. I haven't had much time to peruse the internet and such lately, and I'm not up on my Barry Bonds stuff so I'm sure there'll be more in the future. Enjoy your day and weekend!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Tragically I MISSED the season premiere of Project Runway. I am rather miffed about that needless to say. I know that Bravo will give me the opportunity to catch up (they are real good about that) but until I do, I am trying to remain untainted by P.R."spoilers" Therefore, I had to skip over a big hunk of your post du jour. And so I APOLOGIZE to you, Kara's blog, for not granting you the full, thorough attention that you deserve.