Thursday, November 08, 2007

I missed a day

I know... I'm a terrible person but it was probably better than the nothing I was going to spew at you. Truth is, I've gotten sucked into playing online games at POGO and the blog and the cramp in my hand are really the only things that have suffered. Sadly, not my social life!

Yesterday was just a normal day at work. I got out and headed to the gym. I slacked on my cardio a little, but I did do a solid hour. I then went home and cooked myself some dinner. Oh yes.. REALLY cooked it. It's a cheesy pasta dish I've talked about before from Aimee's Adventures. It was pretty good and since I'm cooking for one, I had LOTS of leftovers, a portion of which I had for lunch today. I did watch ANTM and I was pretty peeved that Sarah got booted! I really liked her and I think it sucks that they booted her because she was too skinny to be plus size and too big to be a model. I just don't think she deserved it. When the episode started I was POSITIVE Chantal would go home because she kept saying how she thought she did such a good job and was so confident, which is usually the kiss of death on ANTM. So... 7 girls remain.. Private Practice was NOT on last night thanks to the CMA Awards, so I played games and listened to Criminal Minds. That show is pretty twisted and I enjoy it! As for other TV news, Jane Seymour got voted off DWTS and Marie Osmond WILL return to the show in the wake of her father's death.

J called last night and he's coming home today. I actually just spoke to him and he was telling me how he was so lost cause he got turned around for a detour. I asked the silliest question: "Why don't you stop and ask someone how to get to 95?" I forgot I was talking to a man, and a stubborn one at that. He just called to let me know he made it to the Delaware Memorial Bridge without asking for directions and is back on course. I was telling my friend Eryn about the situation and she emailed me back with this one word: Canada. I'll explain: the first time I ever went to Eryn's house, I took the wrong turn on the highway and didn't realize I was going the wrong way until I hit the Canadian border. I hadn't showered before I left her house thinking I was just going to be in the car by myself for three hours, so I'd just do it when I got home. BIG mistake. I was in the car for probably 7 hours, exhausted and mortified that I'd done something so stupid without realizing it. Then again, I can't tell my left from my right without making an "L" with my left hand, so why I thought I'd know the difference between East and West is totally beyond me. So, the point of her email was "pot, meet kettle."

In other news, my friend Amy is trying to hook me up. Perhaps it was my "what a good girlfriend I'd be" blog rant, or maybe she just wants me to get laid (by someone other than J of course), but she has put the wheels in motion. I think her text to me earlier this week went like this: "There's this dude I work with. he's cute...funny, shaved head. you might like him." Apparently I have a type.. lol.. So anyway, she talked to him about it and he was down, so she gave him my email address. I'm nervous... I think it's good that we're going to chat first and get to know each other, but you still want to be attracted to the person. I mean, maybe mine and Amy's ideas of cute are not the same!! (Ok.. granted, she dates girls so it could be a TAD skewed, but I think she still understands the male aesthetic! lol) Anyway, she told me his name (he shall remain nameless, friends) and then told me he bowled in high school. Ok... this guy has a shaved head, a goatee AND bowled in high school!? He's so my type.. lol.. I then had to ask: "so, does he have dead bodies in his basement or play dungeons and dragons every night? Cause there HAS to be something wrong with him!" We'll see what happens. I appreciate the effort at the very least and am just happy I'm not considered a lost cause! I'm curious as to what J's reaction would be if I had a real date...

That's really all that's been going on with me. We don't start soccer till next week because we decided to drop down a level. There were only five teams at Level A and 12 at Level B. We thought it'd be more fun and beneficial for us to play more teams, so we dropped down. However, we didn't do it in time so we weren't able to play a game this week. They are going to compensate by giving us a doubleheader one night. THAT should be interesting. The games are later than last session too, as a mens league takes over the fields at 7:30. Our earliest games look to be at 8:25 and the latest (so far) at 10:25. Those are going to be some TOUGH weeks, but I think we'll be fine once we get there. At least we can all still get our shit done before we go.

A representative from a church school in Troy stopped by and asked if my co-worker and I wanted to buy some baked goods. THEY WERE FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!!!! How could I resist? She bought cookies and I bought brownies. We're taking bets on how long it will be before they're gone. I'm going to finish up my day and have dinner with my dad before J gets here (my mom and sister are both gone, so I think dad feels like he needs to take care of me... or maybe he's just bored and lonely! lol.. What can I say? I'm not turning down a free dinner!!). Enjoy your night and TGIF... we're almost there..

No comments: