Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Here I sit

chowing down on a Cinnabon, drinking chocolate milk, watching Clerks 2. Yep.. I'm home. I hit a guardrail on the way to work today. The minute I pulled out of my driveway I had no control of my car. I made it less than a mile down the road and was weaving all over. All I could think of was people saying "you have to steer into the turn" and all that crap, but if I had, the turn was going to send me right in between the wheels of a tractor trailer. It's true... you do see your life flash before your eyes when you think you're going to die. Luckily, at the last minute I was able to get away from the tractor trailer and hit the guardrail instead. How I didn't hit any other cars is a miracle to me. I really can't believe it. I finally settled on the side of the road and started bawling my brains out. I was fine, just didn't know what to do! Two good samaritans stopped, didn't laugh at me for crying and one of them even followed me home. I didn't call the cops because I figured I was the only one involved and there wasn't that much damage to my car. However, when I talked to my Dad he said I should call the Sheriff in case I need an accident report for my insurance company. So, I called, but there are a lot of cars off the road so he said it would more than likely be a while. I'm still waiting for my call back. At least it gives me an excuse not to be at work. I did call my boss and told her I wasn't coming in until it stopped, so we'll see when I go in. My arms are a little sore. I think I tensed up pretty hard when I hit. I couldn't have hit that hard since the airbag didn't go off, but I guess no matter what it feels like you're hitting at 100 miles an hour!

Now, what you've all been waiting for: The date. Well..on my way there he texted me cause the place we were supposed to go is apparently closed on Mondays. So, we decide to go to El Mariachi instead since we were on the Mexican tip in the first place. Yeah.. there is more than one El Mariachi. I went to the wrong one. I guess that made us even. I finally made it there about a half hour late and met him at the bar. All I can say is that he's a really, really nice guy! Just... not my type. There were no sparks whatsoever (at least on my end) and there were a lot of awkward silences during dinner. I'm not saying it was a bad date... it wasn't! He just isn't my Mr. Right, that's all. We had dinner, which he paid for, though I offered. We didn't make it to the movies, which was OK. I have a feeling we both felt the same way about the date, which is good. When we left I hugged him goodbye and told him I had a good time, which I did. Neither of us said we should do it again, so perhaps we'll just leave it the way it is. Let me just say, I don't think I'll do a blind date again. I don't know.. physical attraction is pretty key in a relationship and I'd like to go on a date with someone I'd like to make out with on a regular basis :)! Let me just say thanks to my friend Amy for hooking me up! Although it didn't work out, I still appreciate the fact that she cares enough about me to try to find me a man :). She's a good egg.

Obviously, not much else is going on. I did manage to still watch my shows last night. I have no clue who's not going to make it to the semifinals on Dancing with the Stars. It could go either way, but my vote (as always) is for Marie Osmond.

Heroes: wow.. what a great episode. SPOILERS AHEAD. I'm so glad HRG isn't really dead. I mean.. he's that type of character you really can't kill off. Also, while I never watched Veronica Mars on a regular basis, I still always had a soft spot for Kristen Bell. I honestly hope she never gets killed off Heroes, although I'm pretty sure she only signed on for a specific amount of time. I love watching her character, Elle, mess with everyone on the show and be so damn innocent about it. Thank god the show is finally getting back into form.

That's all for now. We'll see how the rest of the day goes and if/when I make it to work today. Enjoy your Tuesday.

No comments: