Monday, November 05, 2007

Good Intentions

that's what I had for tonight and I got nowhere. I went to the gym and I thought "hey, I really want to see Gone, Baby Gone, so maybe I'll go tonight." Then my sister ridiculed me for going to the movies by myself. Then I thought "well, maybe I'll use this time to watch "A Beautiful Mind" instead." Well, instead I came home, popped it into the DVD player and there it sits. Now Dancing with the Stars is coming on so there goes my night. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right? Anyway, let me get you up to speed as best I can.

Thursday night was J's birthday dinner. We had a great meal at the Olive Garden and then found we had time to kill, so he asked if I wanted to go to his sister's. Honestly, I did want to see his niece, so I said yes. Good god, that kid got big! She's so adorable and I held her for a while to give mom and dad a break. They were probably relieved when I left. They make it look so effortless and I looked like.. well.. a kid holding a baby. We stayed there till about 9:00 and then went out for a few drinks. It was a good time had by all, at least that's what he told me. And oh yeah.. he enjoyed his toothbrush too.. hee hee. The next morning we went to IHOP for breakfast and I had to be on my way to help Tre pick out a dress for the wedding. We hit the mall with Danny in tow, and found four dresses immediately, two of which were GREAT! Honestly, she probably should have bought them both, but Danny and I convinced her to buy the one she got, as it was just a bit different (meaning NOT BLACK), and since she was trying to get a date (which she did) it was a great boobie dress!! After that everyone had to get cards and I couldn't resist a Yankee Candle coupon I'd received in the mail the day before. Funny that Tre picked out the scents, yet I paid for them. I need to work on that. Anyway, while I was at Hallmark, I saw the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas, which J's sister had been talking about the previous night. So, I picked it up for him to give to her for Christmas. Seriously, I'm a great NON girlfriend, imagine what a great girlfriend I'd be!!!! Someone work on that!!!!

The wedding was an absolute blast! I stayed out way later than normal and danced the night away! We spent A LOT of time on the dance floor. The DJ was pretty good and while he played too many slow songs for someone who A) didn't have a date and B) did not see ONE single man at the wedding, he was still good. I'm not sure all the older folks knew what "bringing sexy back" meant, but we tried real hard to show them! I drank amaretto and diet coke through the reception and didn't really feel too drunk.. until I started drinking beer, which I drank from about 11:30 to 3:30, when we shut down the bar next to our hotel. I'm pretty impressed to say I was one of the last ones standing, which is very unlike me. I talked to J just before I went to bed and he woke me up at 6:30 when he was on his way home.. Yeah.. I can't last THAT long! Tre, Danny and I hit a local diner on the way home on Saturday and I spent the day on my couch watching what I'd DVR'd through the week. I TRIED to take a nap, but it didn't really happen. When Tre came home, I persuaded her to watch Fracture with me, which was a really great movie. Somehow we both stayed awake long enough to watch it, but not much after that.

I was supposed to go midnight bowling with my friend Sarah for her husband's birthday, but I crashed out on the couch instead. It would have been pretty funny if I'd made it that night, as the knocker upper and his ex/new girlfriend were there with her daughter (who in my opinion was up WAY past her bedtime). It would have been hysterical to see how awkward he would have felt! I didn't bowl on Friday night because of the wedding and not only did my team bowl right next to his, but his aforementioned ex showed up that night. I think she knows about me, so I'm sure she would have died knowing I was right there. He told me he might "settle" with her, which I find so sad. I mean, I want to spend the rest of my life with someone too, but I'm not willing to settle. Hell, if I did that, I'd be with him! lol.. It just makes me sad that some people would rather settle to "do the right thing" rather than be patient and hopefully find true happiness. Yes, I know. I should take my own advice, but patience is a virtue I REALLY don't possess!

Sunday I went to the gym and the grocery store, so I could make yet another batch of macaroni and cheese to bring to my friend's house, as she was hosting football later on that day. My sister and I met our friend Caren at Lagonia's in Philmont for lunch. I had never been there before and had a great wrap. Course, the company was even better. Caren, Tre and I went to high school together and I honestly can't remember the last time we saw her. She was probably Tre's best friend through high school and she and I danced together and were always in the plays in high school. It was so great to see her and spend some quality time with her. She's not in town very often, but hopefully we can get her to visit a little more now that we've all reconnected. Not that I thought she wouldn't be, but she really is the same old girl she used to be, and it was really great to sit and chat like no time at all had passed. I think we'll need another lunch though. It's been a long time and we still have lots to catch up on! We stayed at lunch longer than expected, but got to Fish's house in time for the Colts-Patriots game. I was pretty disappointed that the Colts couldn't keep it together for the win, but at least they beat the spread. I did REALLY well on my football picks, but unfortunately, not as good as J did. He has missed only two out of 13 games. And to think, I was going to just use his picks this week and not compete against him. Damnit.. So I had talked to J around 7:30 and he let me know he was on his way to Virginia. He called again at 10:00, telling me his destination was about 45 minutes from DC, and he called me from Baltimore (funny that people do that, isn't it?). So, I was expecting his phone call no later than midnight to say he'd made it there. Well, when I know someone is going to call me, I can't get really great sleep. I'm in and out, just waiting for the phone to ring. I woke up at 12:44, then again at 2:15 (and I'm sure many times in between) when I finally texted him to make sure everything was ok. He called back immediately, saying his buddy had called and he missed his exit (he's not a multi tasker) so he had to loop back around DC and was about 2o minutes away from where he needed to be. He did call me back around 2:55 to say that yes, he FINALLY got there. So yeah.. I didn't sleep too well last night.

I came into my office this morning, and it was rearranged. My desk is facing out the window which is nice and all, but that means my back is to everyone in the office and I don't like everyone being able to see my computer screen when they walk by. It makes me nervous. So, my boss's husband and his secretary are moving in this week and now we're sharing space. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but now that it's really happening, I'm really nervous about it. My boss, co-worker and I have a system and a rapport and I think it's going to be really strange to have two new people coming in. Plus, I kind of feel bad for his secretary as her office was our file room, so there are no windows. I hope she's not claustrophobic! So like I said this morning, things are just a tad weird at work. But there is finally work to do and that I can't complain about... yet.

I'm beat and have to finish my laundry so I'm going to call it a night. Make sure you vote for the contestants on Dancing with the Stars so another undeserving person doesn't go home this week. Also, get ready, as my favorite guilty pleasure The Real Housewives of Orange County starts a new season on Bravo tomorrow night. Good times...

No comments: