Thursday, May 17, 2007

Reality TV Roundup

My cousin danced to a song called "Talent Roundup" one year. I really loved the song and they made motions like they had a lasso and everything. It was ridiculously adorable at the time. Some of the following people I discuss would probably not have been asked to join the talent roundup... Even if they BYO Lasso

I’m disappointed. I’m not going to lie. I really thought Renee was a shoe-in to win ANTM, but apparently she photographs old and didn’t make it into the top two. Let’s not even mention the fact that she can, oh, I don’t know SPEAK ENGLISH, which is way more than the others. However, at least Jaslene won. I really did like her personality and her pictures were always pretty good. I just didn’t want Natasha to win. I don’t have a good reason why, I just didn’t.

Ian Ziering got voted off Dancing with the Stars this week. Was it deserved? Probably not, because everyone danced really well, but someone had to go and it was time. The final three are Laila Ali, Apolo Anton Ohno and Joey Fatone. I’m going with Apolo for the win but I couldn’t care less either way. All three of them are phenomenal!

Not that I’m watching, but Melinda Doolittle was axed from American Idol. Honestly, she was probably the most talented of the final three, but lookswise… not so much. It’s sad, but true. I did predict that Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks would be in the finals and I liked them from the get-go so if I didn’t have a game, I’d probably watch. Eliot Yamin performed his new song last night and besides the shaggy hair, it was great!

My friend Kim (we went to paralegal school together) is up my ass about getting a MySpace account. I’ve always been completely against it because well.. I’m 30! But it seems like all my freaking friends are on it and they can’t believe I’m not. Considering that it might be less time consuming than the blog (as you can see, my blog has suffered from my job change) I’m actually considering it. If anyone has an account or anything, let me know what you think of it.

I’m trying to get a lot done in very little time on this blog, so bear with me. I need to start putting my desk together. Yep, that’s my afternoon! Ha ha. Then it’s a trip to the gym, running some errands and taking J. out to dinner. I kind of got an extra paycheck so I had told him I’d take him somewhere that isn’t the Plaza Diner. We go there A LOT! It’s cheap, quick and close to my house. Plus, you can get breakfast any time. I LOVE breakfast! Anyway, last night we went to see The Invisible. It actually was kind of an interesting flick. Granted, there were plenty of other movies I would have rather seen, but I didn’t hate it or anything. It was entertaining and we were the only two people in the theater. You knew what was going to happen, but you didn’t really know how and that’s what made it fun to watch.

What else? David Faustino (AKA Bud Bundy) got busted for pot possession (throw in obligatory “bud” joke here) and his mug shot isn’t really the train wreck you’d come to expect from child stars. Paris Hilton will now serve half her original sentence in jail, or so they say. Kate Walsh from Grey’s Anatomy is engaged to an exec at 20th Century Fox (I think) and her show got picked up for ABC’s fall lineup. It’ll be titled Private Practice, though I’m not sure when it will air. In sad news, Veronica Mars was finally cancelled by the CW. I never seemed to be able to watch it, but when I did it was a witty, entertaining show. I guess I’ll have to get it on DVD or something and see what all the fuss was about.

I hope to blog again tomorrow, but I make no promises. So, be sure to watch the season finale of The Office tonight, because if last week’s episode was any indication, it’s going to be a doozy. It’s been reported that Jenna Fischer (Pam) broke her back falling down a flight of marble stairs at the Television Upfront presentations, but she will not miss any work on the show. She’s recovering at home as we speak. Anyway, watch the show and then pine away for it all summer, or catch up on DVD. Have a great night and if I don’t talk to you, enjoy your weekend!

No comments: