Thursday, May 24, 2007

I'm an idiot sometimes...

Case in point: I went into my softball bag last night and was elated to find $15.00. I NEVER forget where I left money so I was shocked and excited to find it in my bag. I mean, isn’t it the greatest feeling to find money? Now that I had that money, I took the singles I had and took them to the game with me, leaving me with $18.00 after buying a pack of gum. PLENTY of money for my game, considering if we win, the other team buys us a few pitchers. Anyway, we won our game and one of the guys on my team asks me about paying the umpire. Yep, the $15.00 was money my cousin had given me to pay the umpire. I did relinquish the cash to him, then wondered how I was going to go out on $3.00, as the team decided not to go to the home team's bar where there would be free food and beer, but to our home bar which is a tad closer to home for most of us. Luckily, my friend Eddie was accommodating when I told him the situation and not only did he buy me a beer, but he bought a pitcher that he insisted I drink from. Another friend of mine got wings and couldn’t eat them all so I had a few of those too. Sometimes it’s good to be a girl. A guy could never get away with that without looking like a big douchebag. Perhaps I did look like a douchebag, but an accidental douchebag!

No comments: