Thursday, May 03, 2007

ANTM Recap

We’re down to the final four in America’s Next Top Model and finally, whiny Brittany was sent home. I never found her to be conventionally attractive, but she did take some beautiful pictures. Anyway, the girls are still in Sydney, Australia and they have three and a half hours and their own cab driver to hit some go-sees (where they “go-see” a designer and perhaps get hired). Well, everyone is doing pretty well. Dionne continuously asks if she can keep the clothes and scores some free stuff (I can’t believe that wasn’t bought up at panel), but even with all that personality, she comes off a little hard. Renee and Jaslene are killing their go-see’s and manage to make it back to the modeling agency with some time to spare. Brittany however, walks like a horse and no one would hire her. She decides to do one last go-see and tells her cab driver she’s going to “such and such street.” She comes out and finds her cab driver not there, and she freaks out and has to walk back to where she left him even though “she told him to meet her over there.” Yeah… she didn’t. They even go back to the tape to prove she didn’t. It’s pretty inevitable that she’s going to be late and she’s met outside of the modeling agency by Natasha, who was literally one minute late, but gracefully handled herself. Brittany… not so much. She dropped the f-bomb at least 1400 times, cursed her faultless cab driver and everyone inside the agency (including the owner and the host of Australia’s Next Top Model 3) could hear her every word. The girl is FULL of excuses! Natasha tried to talk her off the ledge but it was to no avail, but it was hysterical watching the exchange. Jaslene ended up winning the challenge and she picked Dionne to share a photo shoot on top of the Sydney Harbor Bridge with her. The pictures were beautiful and taken by Judge Nigel Barker.

The next step was for the girls to take two pictures: One for a women’s magazine taken by Tyra, and one for a men’s magazine taken by Australian photographer Michael Omm. Natasha, Renee and Jaslene really nailed both their pictures, leaving Brittany and Dionne in the bottom two. Dionne was there because she comes off really hard and needed a lot of coaching to get through her shots. Brittany, well, mainly because no one would have hired her off her go-see’s and her excuses and temper tantrums probably didn’t help. Granted, Brittany’s pictures were better than Dionne’s but you have to get hired in order to have pictures! Brittany insists she’s not this much of a crier in real life, but I highly doubt it.

Anyway, next week looks pretty entertaining as Renee plots to get her, Dionne and Jaslene in the final three, probably because Natasha is her biggest competition. I think her plot will be thwarted, but I hope she doesn’t go home because of it. She’s been my pick to win since the get-go. Also, I realized that three out of the four girls in the final four are mothers. I'm about to get myself knocked up if that's what happens after you have kids! (It's a joke guys... I'd join the Army to get in shape before I'd have a baby...)

Not that I care like I did last year, but Phil Stacey and Chris Richardson were sent home on American Idol. Phil never really impressed me (even though he IS bald) but I didn't think Chris was so bad. However, he didn't compare to the ones that are still in. I'm still rooting for a final two of Blake and Jordin. Hell, if that happens I might even watch the final, but I won't be attending the concert this year (dates were announced yesterday). No Daughtry, no Kara in attendance. Ooh.. speaking of which (not Daughtry, But AI) I heard Elliot Yamin's new song on the radio yesterday. It's a tad slower than I like, but it's quite good. I love his voice and I really wanted him to win AI once Chris departed. Anyway, the song is called "Wait for You" and I suggest you download it. Apparently he was at the Bayou Cafe in Albany last Thursday and I missed it, so I hope he'll come around again.

TTFN!!!

No comments: