Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How things have been..

The new job is going really well. I’m enjoying it already, and have plenty of work to do! The commute is wonderful: I’ve had ¼ of a tank of gas in my car since Friday. I’d have had to fill it up already if I still worked in Albany. I know it’s only been one day, but being out at 4:00 is amazing. I can actually do things after work while it’s still light out! I don’t know if I can ever work till 5:00 again!!

The weekend was pretty decent. Friday night, J. and I just went to dinner and had a few beers before we passed out. I had gone into work early so I was kind of tired and drained from the events of the day. On Saturday we went to my friends Cinco de Mayo party, which was fun. I made my own tacos and got to see my other friend’s brand new twins. They are getting cuter by the day, as they were so tiny in the beginning that they looked a tad alien-like. Not anymore! J. and I went to the batting cages afterwards, where we both killed our hands with their shitty bats and no batting gloves. After that I stopped at my goddaughter’s softball game for a bit. It would have been longer, but the wind was whipping and I was FREEZING! I made it two innings and I was pretty impressed by that! She hit the ball well both times I saw her up, even though she got out. After that, J. and I stopped and got some dinner and then headed back to his place, where I subsequently passed out at 9:30, which explains why I was wide awake at 7 am. I watched the Michael J. Fox True Hollywood Story to kill time, then headed over to the outlets to get a mother’s day present and shower present. I even managed to get myself a few little things! When I got home my whole family was over planting flowers and such outside the house, and my mom made dinner. I went grocery shopping in the meantime and later on FINALLY watched Half Nelson. It wasn’t bad, but for some reason I expected more. Anyway, my cousin Laura came over near the end of Sopranos so she could watch Entourage, and then it was time for bed.

Last night I had my first softball game of the year. I EH’d. Have I mentioned how much I hate EHing? I just don’t like not being involved in the game as anything more than scorekeeper, but since we have a lot of girls most of the time, I suck it up. I’m kind of glad I didn’t have to go in though, because if my hitting was any indication of how I was going to play, it would not have been a pretty sight. We did win our game and it was really great to see everyone again. We have a lot of Monday night games, so thank goodness Dancing with the Stars and Heroes will be done soon! I can’t stand not being able to watch when it’s on!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a quick update as to what’s going on with me. In other news, Ty Pennington (of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) got busted on Saturday night for a DWI… or something to that effect. But he’s apologized, so it’s ok! It looks like Paris Hilton might really go to jail!! That’s awesome! I bet they don’t let her accessorize that little orange jumpsuit. She’s going to get her ass kicked! Karma really is a bitch, isn’t it? Let’s see, what else. The O’s are out of the cellar for now, but have lost Adam Loewen (probably for the season) due to a stress fracture in his elbow. Just when we think we can win, we lose!

Enjoy your week and I’ll do my best to post again soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Thanks for the Mother's Day reminder! I had to get a card a month and a half ago when they had there's here. So what if it says 'Mammy' instead of 'Mommy'? I would have totally forgotten to send it and would have been a schmuck!