Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sometimes you just need a long weekend.

Wednesday night, after a long, busy day of work, I went out to dinner at Mexican Radio where I strayed from my ever present tacos and got the enchiladas. They aren't as good as mine, but they were ok ;). After that, my friend's husband and I went to Melino's.. I lasted 15 minutes. I felt like I was 80 years old. Let's just say I won't be making THAT mistake again. I met everyone else at Stray (Jason's Upstairs Bar) and even then I only lasted till about 11. I was tired, not drinking (still) and just not in the mood to be out. I went home and enjoyed the season premiere of the Real Housewives of Orange County instead.. Speaking of which, I kind of like Gretchen, the new housewife. She seems like a decent egg, although it's only the first week so that could change!

Thanksgiving was good. The food was REALLY great. My mom made these awesome mashed potatoes and of course, there was plenty of turkey. At one point my mom looked at the table and said "you guys better get married and have babies, cause this is pathetic." Yeah, it was just the four of us. It WAS kind of pathetic! Still, that meant more food for me! Anyway, the rest of the family showed up and we spent the rest of the night laughing our ass off watching everyone play the Wii Fit. J has finally realized he's never getting it back.

Friday morning Tre woke me up and said we were going to the mall. After last year's outlet debacle, I did NOT want to go shopping on Black Friday, but we were going later than most people and I really didn't want to let go of those kind of deals! So, I got out of bed and much to my mother's surprise, headed to the mall with her and Tre. We walked into Macy's and it was hot, bright and loud! Within five seconds I was run over by a stroller and finally ended up at the Lancome counter almost unscathed. Mom and I had a slight ulterior motive to get Tre to use makeup that she didn't buy at CVS, so she sat down to get her makeup done and I started seeing ripples (auras) in my line of vision. I thought maybe I had just looked into the lights and couldn't see quite right yet, but it lasted way too long. It was so bad that I couldn't even read stuff, so I tried to get Excedrin Migraine into my system, but it was to no avail. I lasted another hour or so, but then I headed out to the car for some air and the chance to close my eyes. I ended up coming home and going to sleep for a few hours and even missed bowling that night, which is a rarity for me. I basically crashed out the rest of the night and laid low all weekend.

Saturday afternoon I met up with some of my cousins for lunch at Baba Louie on Warren Street. I had never been there and it's basically an "upscale" pizza place where you can get just about anything you want on your pizza. I got pepperoni. I'm not adventurous, sue me. Anyway, it was really really good! I had heard so much about it and I just expected it to have been.. overrated, but it wasn't. Plus, it was nice to hang out for a while, especially since my cousin Mandy isn't coming home for Christmas this year. It'll be the first year EVER that we're not all together on Christmas.

Anyway, that's really all that's going on with me. Like I said, I kind of laid low this weekend. We planned on going to see Twilight, but there was no late afternoon matinee. What the hell!? So, I hope everyone had great holidays and the food coma only lasted as long as you wanted it to! Back to the grind!

No comments: