Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ever wake up and just know it’s not gonna be your day? Let me count the ways:

Bad hair day
Too fat to fit into my pants
Got the hiccups
The heel on my shoes is non-existent, therefore anytime there’s NOT carpet, I sound like a one hoofed horse and I slide all over the floor, which was fun walking through the mall on my lunch break
Every slightly hoochie shirt in NY & Co. looked terrible on me, except the ones that were NOT on sale
My computer at work has mutinied against me – I don’t know what I did to it to make it do the things it does to me, but I’ve prepared at least 4 documents more than once today for that reason
My lips are so chapped that I can’t stand it, and no form of chapstick is helping. I’ve resorted to slathering my lips with my eczema medication.. Sexy. The last time I can remember them being this bad is when J and I first started dating and we were making out a lot.. I miss those days :(


In other news, Avenue Q, the best musical ever, is coming to Proctor’s in January. I have been waiting for it to come around ever since I took Sipper (the Australian) to see it when he visited me a few years ago. It’s the funniest show ever. I mean, when puppets have sex, songs are called “If You Were Gay” and Gary Coleman are involved, how can you go wrong? I’m trying to put together a group to go so I can enlighten all my friends to the hilarity that is Avenue Q. It didn’t win Tony’s for nothing ya know!!

I hit the mall at lunch to find a hoochie shirt for Saturday night, when the girls go out for my friend Fish’s 35th birthday. Obviously, that didn’t go so well. However, I did hit up the Macy’s One Day Sale and got two Liz Claiborne sweaters for $50.00. I have a problem, and it’s called Liz Claiborne. Because I went to the mall at lunch and didn’t eat, I ended up eating a Hormel Compleat meal for lunch. It’s basically a lean cuisine that you don’t have to freeze. Freaky, yes but WAY better than expected. I got the chicken pasta alfredo and while it did freak me out that I was eating non-frozen chicken, it was still pretty appetizing. Way to go Hormel!

I remember the days when my friend Chris and I used to watch The Real World religiously and actually cared what happened on it. Ya know, when they did more than just fight and hook up. Anyway, my co-worker’s roommate is in the running to become one of the new cast members, so head here and throw the guy a vote. His screen name is marcp2 and as of this post, he’s in 14th place from Troy, New York. It’d be kinda cool to get a real local person on and I don’t mean one from NYC. And just in case you can’t get enough of the challenges (and your favorite MTV “Stars” need a change of pace), here’s a new show for you. I admit.. I did get into Beauty and the Geek for one season, so this could be interesting.

While I have yet to watch the show, I couldn’t avoid knowing that Cody Linley was voted off Dancing with the Stars this week, setting up a showdown between Warren, Lance and Brooke. From what I hear, Brooke faltered a bit and Lance wowed the crowd. Can the sure thing be beaten? I hope so… Derek Hough gets on my nerves and I ADORE Lacey Schwimmer.

Finally, the ANTM finale is on tonight and I’m anxious to see who really goes home with it. All the leaks are saying the winner was obvious from the start, but I don’t see how that’s possible with these finalists. I mean, McKey’s first photo shoot was a disaster, Sam has been in the middle most of the time (except for her terrible runway show) and Analeigh only recently became a frontrunner. Guess we’ll have to wait and see. I know when I get home from soccer I’m going to have to watch that instead of Top Chef. Finales take precedence over shows I can tape and watch tomorrow without ruining the outcome (thank you world wide web).

Hope you don’t have as much trouble getting over the hump as I did today. Go NYTROPALOOZA!!!

No comments: