Monday, November 03, 2008

There's a mouse in my dishwasher. Yeah, it was a shock to me too. I opened it to put a bowl in cause my sister doesn't seem to know the true point of a dishwasher, and something grey and furry started coming towards me. I screamed and slammed the dishwasher shut. It's still closed and will continue to be.

Happy Birthday wishes go out to my friend Stephanie (today) and to J (yesterday). J had a birthday party on Saturday night, so I went over to his place to celebrate. In the "it's a small world" category, my friend Rachael's younger sister was one of the guests at the party (Rachael is who I visited when I went to Ireland last year). Anyway, I got to chat with her and she let me know that my friend Crystal's sister (Crystal went to Ireland with me) had her baby on Saturday, so congrats go out to Jenny as well!

Anyway, two of J's friends that live near the city came up. 2 female friends. Yes, he's allowed to have female friends. That isn't the issue. Still, I admit that it made me a little uncomfortable. To be honest, I don't really know many of J's friends, nor do I have much in common with them (HELLO RED FLAG) however I have been with J for over two years and an opportunity for us to meet has never come up and I was kind of OK with that. I really didn't want to go to J's party because I don't really have anything to say to most of his friends and I basically told him that. Not to mention the fact that we didn't see each other all last week so I didn't really feel like spending the time we had with 20 other people. However, that didn't happen. That, and he told me his friend, oh let's call her "bug," was looking forward to meeting me. So, I would have felt bad not going. So anyway, bug and her friend "bee" show up and it's all smiles and "hey how are you" and some small talk. After a few hours the only ones left at the party were me, J, bug and bee. I decided to go to bed and let them all booze it up till the odd hours. Ya know, us old folks need our rest, even with daylight savings time.

One of those bitches snored like a buzzsaw and I could hear it in the next room. Know why!? Cause they were asleep on the couch. I guess I should have been happy they weren't sleeping on J's bedroom floor. Anyway, I heard them get up a little early and they came back a little after 10. How do I know? Because I was woken up by "I want to wake up Justin, but I don't want to wake up HER." Yeah.. TOO LATE. So J asks me if I'm going to breakfast with them all and while I would have rather gone to breakfast with Cloris Leachman, I was starving. I could not have been more of a fifth wheel and the only person even attempting to engage me in conversation was J, and only because he was trying to explain the stories they all were telling. I was beginning to think I didn't want my sausage and cheese omelette that badly! Luckily, my friend Crystal called during the middle of the meal and I was more than happy to take her call. She got me through until my food came. This is about the time I had a revelation as to exactly who "bee" is: The phantom buddy who kept drunk dialing J at all hours of the night last year, regardless of whether it was a school night or not. The phantom buddy who lived in Florida. Yeah.. not anymore apparently. So, I said to J on the way home from breakfast "oh, I figured out who bee is" to which he replies "what do you mean?" I finish with "she's your late night phone call friend... who lives in Florida, right?" He didn't have too much to say after that. After breakfast is when I get the memo that the girls are also going to J's birthday dinner at his sister's house. I'm beyond thrilled. I'm not saying they weren't nice people. I'm sure they are. It just didn't come off that way to me. So I took a shower and as I get out of the bathroom (in a towel) I just yell to J "is anyone here but you?" and he says "yes." Which now means guess who else has to take showers? They were now encroaching on my getting ready space and that's a line you just don't cross.

Luckily, J convinced the girls to ride separately to his sister's, as they would probably (and hopefully) leave before us. So, dinner was good (thanks J's sister) and luckily J's brother and a few other people were there to distract me, but these girls were just... annoying and immature. It was lots of whispering and giggling, like we were at a middle school dance. I counted the minutes until they left. The funniest thing was J's brother in law asked me if I had met them before and I said "no" and just the way he said it you could tell he knew I wasn't impressed. J will usually ask me if I had fun or what I thought of someone, and he was smart enough not to do so in this case, so he must have known things hadn't gone so well. I feel kinda bad but some things just aren't meant to be.

I wouldn't say it's an upgrade, nor does it have the same perks as her old relationship, but at least he might still be alive in 5 years.

Don't forget to vote tomorrow. I intend to, but then I also intend to watch no coverage at all. Thank God the CW will still let me watch 90210 in peace.

No comments: