Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nytropalooza notched our first win of the session by a 2-1 margin, thanks to Shannon's strategically placed head ball and Tre's awesome goal! It was a really great, fun game, with very little bitching. Nice thing was, we had a new ref who didn't call a thing! Really.. that's great, especially for our team who's a little more.... aggressive than other teams! We only had one sub which sounds bad, but after last week's debacle of too many subs, I think it really worked out. Two people (at least) can't come next week, so we should be in decent shape.

I had to run from work to the game, so I didn't eat anything prior (I didn't think it would be the best choice). Instead, I stopped after the game and got myself a Spicy Chicken sandwich from Wendy's, just the way I like it. I haven't had one in a while cause I had a few bad experiences with it, but I was in the mood for chicken. I think my spicy chicken phase is over. It just didn't do too much for me and I was kind of wishing I'd gone for the Baconator. What's happening to me?!

Speaking of food, Shell and I met my friend Julie for lunch today. Julie and I used to bowl against each other in high school and college, and we've managed to stay in touch all these years. So, when I started working not far from her, we decided to have lunch. Julie has introduced me to Moe's and I'm not sure if I'm eternally grateful, or if I should be upset with her because of it. I got an awesome burrito, but I also lapsed into a heavy food coma shortly afterwards.

We have a cleaning lady at my work, who is usually getting started while I'm still there. She empties out my garbage can, but she only empties out the bag, so I keep the same bag all week. It's a little disturbing to me, but to each their own. I have taken to crushing up my post-it notes as I've noticed her spending way too long ripping my post-it's out of my slightly used bag. I felt bad about it. She's a nice lady.

Tre and I got Chinese food on Sunday and this was my fortune: Good luck bestows upon you. You will get what your heart desires. Is Jason Statham coming to town for a Transporter 3 press junket? Cause THAT would make my fortune come true.

Marjorie finally was evicted from the Top Model house this week. The judges finally had enough of her nerves and awkwardness. That leaves Analeigh, McKey and Sam as the final 3. I'm gonna guess Analeigh and McKey will be walking in that final runway show. Sam's fine and all, she just doesn't really compare to either of them.

Aubrey Huff has been awarded the American League Silver Slugger award as DH for the O's! The award honors the past season where Huff was in the league's top 10 in hits, home runs, RBI's, doubles and extra base hits. It's nice to see something good has come from the O's this past season and hopefully he can keep it up, if he's still with the team. I mean.. you never know what could happen so I'm not gonna get too excited. What can I say? I'm a cynical O's fan, but at least I'm still a fan!

Top Chef debuted last night with a slightly oversized episode, where two contestants went home, one of which never even made it to the house after Tom Colicchio has the cheftestants work it out with some apples. I'd explain to you what he made them do but all I can remember is peeling, then something weird, then they had to make something with the apples. The bottom two were actually friends from cooking school (seemingly the CIA in Hyde Park) and while Patrick was upset his buddy went home, he didn't have to wait long to lament about his short time on the show as he was the next to go. There are a few entertainers, some annoying and full of themselves (HELLO STEFAN) but it looks to be a good cast and hey, there always has to be a villain. I'm looking forward to watching another season of shit I'll never eat, yet am enthralled with anyway!

I can't wait till the weekend. I think my Tuesday dress down day really screwed with my head and made this week seem WAY longer than normal. Good luck getting through your Friday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss Moe's!!! There are two in/near Worcester and I was psyched to see one near Wolf Road. Mmmmmm... I'm hungry!!