Sunday, July 29, 2007

Today's the Day

Today is Cal's induction ceremony! I'm already counting down the minutes until I can bawl my brains out. Big thanks to the O's for beating the Yanks so far this weekend (cause I don't really count that first game because it's crap that they even had to play it), and I'll be flipping back and forth this afternoon depending on who they induct first. My dad no longer has to umpire this afternoon so I'll get to watch it in real time, like everyone else. I'm going to DVR the induction ceremony regardless, just in case I miss something through my ungodly blubbering.

Yesterday, my friend Nikki and I went to the Mets afternoon game. I had originally gotten the tickets for J. and I, but obviously I felt weird about taking him since well, we haven't really talked since the break up. Nikki is a Mets fan so she was the perfect choice to take his place. We took the train from Hudson, which bought us into Penn Station. We then had to navigate the subway to get us to Shea Stadium. Nikki and I both have a little problem telling our left from our right, so we figured we'd have to ask for help! However, we got our Metro card without incident and managed to take the 1 train to the 7 train to Shea. We were very proud of ourselves and will continue to be, as I'm sure no one thought we could do it on our own. Obviously, we're not known for our directional skills.

We settled into our seats and they were great! I did a good job, if I say so myself. We were underneat the upper deck so if it DID rain, we were covered. However, we sat all the way to the top where we were able to get a gorgeous breeze and with the humidity yesterday, I don't think we could have asked for anything more.

Here was the view from our seats:

















Who doesn't want to see David Wright from behind?


















El Duque pitched really well, and the Mets won 3-1.














It was an awesome day. The subway ride from Shea was EXCRUCIATING though.. We were sweating our ass off just sitting on the subway. The funniest thing is, we must have been the only car that wasn't air conditioned because everyone that walked into our car commented on how disgusting it was, yet we had a seat so we weren't moving. We went from drunk to sober in a manner of minutes and that is not necessarily a good way to be! We got back to the train station around 8:00 and ended up at Melino's watching the O's-Yanks game which turned out really well for me, even after a ninth inning scare. We were only going in for one drink, but had four, and didn't pay for any of them. Sometimes your local bar has it's up side.

Anyway, I need to take a shower and get myself ready to lose my shit when Cal gets inducted. I'll try to post about it later if I am emotionally able. I hope you all had a great weekend and I'll get back to you later.

No comments: