Wednesday, December 12, 2007

People are Strange

Last night, I took myself out on a date to the movies to see Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Anyway, the movie begins with a sex scene between Marisa Tomei and Phillip Seymour Hoffman where he's doing her from behind. Well, these four women sitting in the front of the theater started giggling like 12 year olds that just found Daddy's Playboys! I was like.. ladies.. come on.. for real!? I mean.. yes.. sex scenes do make a lot of people uncomfortable, but they had to have been sitting 20 rows in front of me and I could still hear every giggle and "oh my goodness" uttered throughout the scene. I just found that to be weird..

So yes.. I took myself out on a date for many reasons:
1) I ran a whole mile at the gym without stopping. I walked for a few minutes, then ran another half-mile without stopping. I don't know what got into me, but it's scary to know that I'm capable of that.
2) J and I were supposed to go to the movies, but he was sick. I didn't think that was a good enough reason for me not to go.
3) I've really been jonesing for popcorn and the little theater popcorn is WAY better than the Cinema 8.
4) Bargain Night!
5) The movie I saw is more of an independent movie and I'm never sure how long they'll stay in the theaters around here (or if they'll come at all). I was pretty surprised at the amount of people in the theater last night, as I was pretty sure I'd be the only one in there. Then I realized the other two choices were Bee Movie and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. I guess the parents had to see something!

So, did I miss all the paparazzi rumblings or was she THAT discreet about it?

Ever wanted to live in a snowglobe?

Quick baseball note: The O's did NOTHING during the Winter Meetings and (unfortunately) the only name that's been mentioned in the last few weeks is Jay Gibbons, for his 15 game suspension. The Mitchell Report is coming to light, so we'll see how our favorites fair..

Tonight is the season finale of America's Next Top Model, which segueways into the WB's new reality trainwreck, Crowned. Yeah.. I won't be DVRing that. My DVR is going to be pretty bored in the near future. As I was looking through my upcoming programs to be taped, I realized there was very little to watch. I mean, most shows have finished all they had in the can before the Writer's Strike. Now, I probably like reality TV way more than the next guy (and way more than I should), but PLEASE end the strike! I really can't take it!

It's hump day.. act accordingly. Tonight's yet another soccer game and hopefully we can continue our winning streak, although tonight's team does look to be tough and one of our better players is sick. We'll see what happens!

No comments: