Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2 Weeks till Christmas

I'm happy to report I only know about a quarter of the songs on this list. Ok, I also only know a few of the songs on this list too.. Where the F is Dominick the Donkey!?

I watched Winter Passing last night. Gotta love a nice little independent film with great stars. Ed Harris (one of my favorite bald men EVER) and the re-pairing from Elf of Zooey Deschanel and Will Ferrell was a great cast. The movie is basically about this girl who returns home to Michigan after her mom kills herself so she can make some money from a publisher off old letters her parents wrote to each other. Both parents were prolific writers and their daughter's childhood seemed way past normal. When she returns she finds her father in dire straits, living in the garage, while a boarder and one of his ex grad students take care of the house. I guess you'd say it's a story about how some things aren't always what they seem. It was a decent way to spend an hour and a half. I really enjoy watching Zooey Deschanel, even though the whole movie I just wanted her to run a brush through her hair. She looked.. disheveled.. Maybe it was the cocaine (in the movie I mean.. what she does in her personal life is NONE of my business).

Sometimes you want to strangle your friends. They usually redeem themselves, but still. Example: My friend Tim lives in Florida, and his parents live there for part of the year. His parents are friends with my friend Lynn's mother (the one whose grandmother died last week). So, last Sunday, I called Tim to let him know so he could tell his parents. When I called, I could tell there was a lot of background noise AND that he was drunk, but he promised me he'd call his mom right after he got off the phone with me. I stopped by Lynn's house on Saturday night and his mom was telling me that she never heard from Tim's mom, which is weird. So, Sunday afternoon I texted him to see if he called his mom and the text he sent back to me was this: "?" Oh yeah.. I was livid! I was texting him back as he called me about it and I told him the deal. I'll give him credit - he felt pretty terrible. Apparently he'd been at the Miami Dolphins game and started drinking at 10 am.. By the time I called him around 6 he must have been a puddle! He promised me he'd call his mom right then and there and I have the utmost faith that he did. I love him to pieces, but sometimes I want to strangle him :).

J and I were going to catch a movie tonight, but he's sick. I might just go by myself. I could really go for some movie theater popcorn and the movie I want to see is at the theater that has bargain night tonight. I would like to see Before the Devil Knows You're Dead and I know no one will want to see it with me. I can't wait till Chris comes home. I already told him I want to see Atonement and Juno when he gets here, so I hope I get some free movie passes for Christmas!
Damn.. I guess this means I need to go to the gym too. Damn..

The Hills finale was kind of anticlimactic to me. Lauren got to go to Paris after all (and she went.. FINALLY!) Heidi and Spencer are up in the air, which I think everyone already knew, and Lauren's big news was that the Hills would air another season and the trip to Paris would be a part of it. Almost makes me wish I'd watched October Road instead.

I wish I had more stories, but this is the best I could do for today. I hope I redeemed myself for those that gave me shit (you know who you are). Don't let the weather get you down.

Shit... ya know that book, The Historian, that I've been unsuccessfully trying to read for about 8 months? I lost my bookmark. Oh well.. I probably needed to start it fresh again anyway. Damnit!! I'm never going to get through it..

No comments: