Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My Nomination for Mom of the Year

Oh Lynne Spears, where did you go wrong? I really thought this story as "breaking news" on MSNBC was a joke. Oh well... maybe this one will do what Britney couldn't.. ya know.. be a mother! (Ok, i know it's laughable, but I'm really trying to give the kid the benefit of the doubt).

Last night, I took J to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner. I'd been wanting to go there for quite some time, and since he'd never been there I thought it'd be a great place for dinner. Let me tell you, the burgers were really great! Luckily, the girl thought I only said one large fry instead of two, because there is no way I would have eaten a whole one by myself. You certainly get some bang for your buck! I mean, we each got a bacon double cheeseburger, drinks and an order of fries (from Rigby, Idaho, might I add) for just under $20. Not so bad (especially if you're paying for dinner)! After that we went to see I Am Legend. I thought it was pretty good. I think J would have thought better of it if at one point I hadn't dug my nails so deep in his leg that there's NO WAY he doesn't still have the marks there today. What can I say? I'm a jumper and there were plenty of opportunities to do so in this movie. I recommend this movie. I think anyone would like it, even if you don't like the sci-fi elements, as there are other stories to keep you busy!

Tonight is soccer night at Afrim's! We're playing in Latham at 8:30, which is a change from our original schedule, which had us playing about an hour earlier. Oh well, what can you do? We also play this team next week, so we want to kick their ass the first time, and make them not even want to show up next week! Ok.. they seem pretty decent, so really we'd just like to win. No one wants to break the streak! I think I'll stick to defense tonight, unless we get up by quite a bit. I do want that goal, but not bad enough to F up our system. Viva La Lushes!!!

Happy Hump Day... Do what you can ;)

No comments: