Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm still stuffed

Last night was our holiday dinner for work. We left the office around 3:30 and started off with drinks. I had what was called a "cobalt highballer" consisting of milk, vanilla, chocolate and butterscotch liquers and vodka.. topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips. It was potent and good.. I could feel it after just one, which is sad cause I really don't consider myself a total lightweight, but whatever. We were having appetizers so I thought I'd switch to beer... when the waitress brought us another round of the same thing. Lord!!! My co-worker and I both drank water at dinner just to compensate for the fact that we were already half in the bag! Our dinner was good, even though we were the only table in the restaurant. I guess everyone else was finishing off their Christmas shopping or something! We went to Lippera's in Chatham, where I'd never been before, and I had filet mignon with mashed potatoes (extra mashed since i said "NO" to the veggies they offered) then finished it off with a chocolate ganache cheesecake and an "adult" hot cocoa... MMMM... might have to start making those for myself! I went home, put on my jammy pants and somehow didn't pass out from food coma immediately. I'm still in shock and awe over how that didn't happen!

Our winning streak is still intact. We won 5-3 on Wednesday night, but it was a see-saw kind of game. We got three goals really quickly (ok.. one of them went off one of their players, but it still counts!) and I think we got a little lazy and cocky. The other team started to put stuff together and I believe it was 3-2 at halftime. We came back swinging though, and would have kept them scoreless had they not scored off Nikki's face (she was still sore yesterday!). We play them in the first game of our doubleheader next week so hopefully most of us having the day off and the added allure of fans will be just enough to net us a win. We're in second place in our league right now, which is pretty awesome, considering the trainwreck we were last session. It looks like we're going to play in the Winter 2 session, although people do seem to be dropping like flies. I guess it's just the season!

We all know of my love for The Real Housewives of Orange County and Jeana Keough. This gives her just one more good reason to no longer be with her husband, Matt.

If you're a Scrubs fan and an Office fan, this could work out well for you. I mean, come on. Who didn't kind of give Roy another look after his breakup from Pam makeover?!

Matt Damon? Oh no.. I'm going to go with THIS list for my next man.. espcially cause Peyton is on it... but he's not as high as Bill Belichick, which on this list, is a compliment.

Miss Heroes already? Here's a pseudo sneak peek.

Not much else to tell ya.. it's been one of those weeks I guess, with everyone getting ready for the holiday. I have a lot of cookie baking in my future so I might not have a chance to post until after the holidays. If that's the case, have a great Christmas!!

No comments: