Monday, December 10, 2007

Let's Get to It

Project Runway - The challenge was for everyone to update the fashion faux pas we've all lived through. Some examples are overalls, dancewear, neon colors, cut outs ad the baggy sweater. Chris was booted when he couldn't find a way to update the terrible trend of shoulder pads. He picked a pretty bad fabric for his jacket and it still looked like it had shoulder pads, which was NOT a good thing. The judges continued to say his looks were a bit too "costumey" which makes sense since that's his real job! I will miss him as he did have his entertaining moments, but he did get along so well with everyone that it just bored you. I mean, it was no Ricky and Victorya bitchfest on his team, that's for sure. I"m still pretty sure they're only keeping Ricky around because he likes to fight with everyone and god knows, that's entertainment. This was a pretty boring episode but it looks like next week will bring us back to normal as there's scandal galore. At least that's what the facial expressions in the previews made it look like!

America's Next Top Model - Ok, it's pretty sad but I seriously can't remember who got booted. I think it was Bianca, but my mind is a blank.

The Hills - tonight is the season finale and I can't f'n wait! I'm mortified by it myself, but I just can't look away. Rumor has it that Heidi and Spencer are now NOT getting married which would be the smartest thing that girl has ever done. However, I hear they are still together, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what goes on during the finale tonight. Granted, she's no brain surgeon so she'll probably go through with it eventually, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who could do without seeing Spencer Pratt (and his trainwreck doppelganger sister) weekly on their television set.

It was a whirlwind weekend. I had all sorts of things I wanted to get done on Sunday and I actually did! I managed to clean my bedroom and bathroom (it was way past time) and made it to the gym, all before 1:00. Tre and I went to lunch with Danny and I settled in for the night.. Or so I thought. I finished up all my Christmas cards and cleared out my DVR. Tre had a soccer team party for her high school kids, but on the way home she picked me up so we could go to our friend's house for the Mayweather-Hatton fight. I was rooting for Hatton, but unfortunately, Mayweather knocked him out in the 10th round. I lost 10 bucks on that damn fight too. Anyway, I had no intentions of getting drunk, but we got home around 2:30 and I was pretty well in the bag. I got up the next morning around 11 so Tre and I could pick up Kate and Brian to go to the Siena b-ball game. I was NOT feeling that great. It's funny.. every year around Christmas I get a real good drunk on, then end up sick for a few days. It's like my immune system shuts down, just when I need it the most. So, I felt like crap most of the day yesterday and most of the day today. I think I'll dope up on some Nyquil tonight and see where that gets me.

Last night, regardless of the crappy weather, J came down and we watched Superbad. I really didn't expect to like it, but it was pretty hysterical! I mean, we BOTH stayed awake for it, which lately, is a pretty big feat. Granted, he'd had a few red bulls and I was overtired, but let's not think about that. I was actually up most of the night, as I was all stuffed up but didn't want to take Nyquil as it was so late. I got a brand new alarm clock that actually worked, so J was able to get to work on time, even though the roads were pretty crappy when he left. Our driveway was a sheet of ice when I went out to start my car this morning, so I was pretty unsure of how the ride into work would be. It actually went just fine and there are no new dents on my car.. today.

I guess it's time for me to get a move on. I've got movies to watch and Christmas cards to write (if I don't fall asleep first). If you are a teacher, I hope you enjoyed your day off (and oh yeah, you suck). If you're not, I hope you were able to drive safe into work and enjoyed your Monday. Only 15 days till Christmas!

No comments: