Monday, April 21, 2008

My Friend Tim

is a piece of work and always has been (I mean that in a good way).. Anyway, I remember telling everyone how he had this big plan to go to the O's spring training game and get me an autograph after the Kevin Millar hand breaking incident the week before. I never heard from him after that, so I just assumed he didn't make it to the game and didn't want to tell me. However, I've called him and messaged him on myspace and he's been very bad at returning calls. I got an email the other day titled: Hope this makes up for it... and this is what was inside:

Oh yes.. that's Darius Rucker, lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish, holding a sign with my name on it. Like I told Tim, he's no Huey Lewis, but he'll do. Unfortunately, I think Tim told him that too, and obviously this picture was taken before that (Smart move Tim). So, he still hasn't called me back, but he made me laugh... and isn't that enough sometimes?

Thursday night, J and I met my sister and some other friends at My Place in East Greenbush for dinner and drinks. That was fun, until this familiar looking face walked in. That familiar face was a person Tre and I call "the weasel," who I used to "date" a few years ago. I haven't seen him in a while and always vowed that if given the opportunity, I'd knee him in the balls. Anyway, he was with a friend of mine who I've had a crush on for.. oh.. 13 years or so. I kissed him when I was like.. 20 and he was one of the worst kissers ever. I figure time can have only helped him. So, he came right over and chatted with me, gave me a great big hug, etc.. While the weasel stood next to him making snide comments trying to get my attention, which I subsequently ignored.. except for one: Hottie McHotterson told me how the weasel had just gotten a new motorcycle that day and weasel makes some comment about him probably wrapping it around a tree. My response: "Promise?" I think it took all of Hottie's self control to not snort beer out his nose... :) J and I got into a little tiff that night... I can't imagine why.... hee hee..

I took Friday off as a sick day. I had headaches every single day last week and I really just needed a mental health day. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to, but I did get to see my friend Shani's new baby (Kaylen (sp?) Elizabeth Martin) who is adorable as can be. I also made my buffalo chicken wing dip to take to J's brother's house for yet another Rock Band evening. Unfortunately, it was only J, his brother and their friend Paul when I got there. That meant someone had to sing and since the boys got booed off the stage, I was the next likely culprit. Now, I don't have a terrible voice, but I really wasn't ready to embarass myself with songs I know nothing about so I was pretty wary of doing it. I SHOULD have sucked it up and gotten booed, but my ego wouldn't handle that so I did pretty well and am now the singer.. until someone else gets drunk enough to do it. I'm proud to say I got 100% on Wonderwall by Oasis. It's one of my favorite songs so I knew I had to kick ass at it.

Saturday was pretty busy: J and I met his friend and her daughter for breakfast, which was fun. I even got a hug from her daughter when we left, which was so adorable! I had planned to go to the gym until I realized Tre and I didn't have a b'day present for our goddaughter/cousin, who's birthday party was at 6 pm.. I ran to the outlets and got her a few shirts AND got me two pairs of flip flops from Nine West.. What can I say? Buy one, get one 50% off? Who turns that down? Tre and I went to the party (J didn't make it.. he fell asleep.. yeah.. let's go there) and then the "of age" family members decided we were going out that night, so we all met up at the Tiki Bar at the Valkin in Valatie. It was a little chilly, but a relatively nice night and I think we all had a good time. I can't say I felt phenomenal on Sunday morning, but at least I didn't have leaves all over my clothes from falling in the yard when we got home (if it wasn't me, see if you can figure out who it was!) It took all day for me to motivate myself, but I ended up running from my house to my parent's house. It was 3.3 miles and I did it in a decent time, but I was certainly ready to stop when the time came. I'm getting a little nervous about this boiler maker thing if I already want to die after three miles..

That's all for now. I'm going to try to catch you up on all that is reality TV later, but I make no promises.. I have lots of TV to get through and laundry to do. It's Monday after all. Enjoy your night!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That is SOO cool!! I want someone famous to hold a sign saying hi to me :(