Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Can you ever be just "whelmed?"

Ever feel like you can't get everything done that you need to get done? That's how I feel right now, and I'm not even talking about work, although my avoidance of all things has certainly trickled down to my work as well as my personal life. I think I have just looked at all the things on my calendar and well... now I'm just ignoring everything. I know.. not healthy.

Speaking of not healthy (probably) I tried the Dunkin Donuts Flatbread Sandwiches yesterday.. Well, I really only tried one (the turkey cheese and bacon) and it was mighty good. It's like a quesadilla, but thicker. I recommend, but not necessarily as a meal.. perhaps a mid afternoon snack.

I went to Quizno's for lunch today to get me some Sammies (it's payday and i LOVE the bistro steak melt) and against my very own wishes, I got Dr. Pepper instead of Diet Pepsi. What can I say? I needed a pick me up!

J and I are going to see Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay tonight. Was this my first choice? No, but NOTHING is playing in Hudson, not even movies that should have just come out (Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Baby Mama for example), so I'll suck it up. He made me watch the original Harold and Kumar go to White Castle, which was actually funnier than I had anticipated so I can't say I'm entirely disappointed to see it. I mean... Neil Patrick Harris (NPH) is in it once again.. what more could you ask for? Speaking of NPH - BAD BARNEY!!!

I probably would have been able to concentrate on things a little more if I weren't trying to help out J's sister. She is organizing a Trivia Night to benefit the Relay for Life and American Cancer Society and I'm trying to get my friends to go, and raise some money for her cause. As some of you may know, both my maternal grandparents died of lung cancer and my Dad had prostate cancer a few years ago, so this cause is kind of close to my heart! Unfortunately, I couldn't get the flyer to post, but here is the text from it.

Think you “Relay” know your stuff?
Put your knowledge to the test at the SleepWalkers
1st annual Trivia Night On Thursday, May 8th from 6-9 PM

Ballroom at the Albany Elk’s Lodge #49
25 South Allen Street in Albany

Tickets just $10 per person

Join us for food, fun, team trivia contest (up to 5 people per team) with prizes for the top three teams, raffles, cash bar, & door prizes.

For more information or to purchase tickets please contact Casey Becker at 464-9001

All proceeds to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Albany-Colonie Relay For Life for cancer research, education, advocacy and patient and family services
For more information on Relay For Life visit
www.relayforlife.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.

Anyway, it looks like fun and I'm really looking forward to it. People are more than welcome to make a donation and of course, show up even if they don't want to play trivia!

Real quick - DWTS - Poor Cristian de la Fuente might have to drop out of the competition, after what looked like a pretty heinous muscle pull in his arm. I admit, I voted for him three times. I mean, he shouldn't go out like that, know what I mean? Let's just say, if he does drop out, Mario and Shannon Elizabeth should be thankful because I have a feeling the light would shine on them in the bottom two. Not necessarily because they didn't do well, I mean.. everyone at this point has the potential to win, but their attitudes and fan bases aren't necessarily up to snuff. Then again, who thought Cristian would come this far?! Anyway, we'll find out tonight what the plan is. And oh yeah.. Jason Taylor.... Grrrrrrr ;)

No comments: