Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Perfect end to a Monday

I ended up working until 5:00 (give or take a few minutes) which is SOOOOO not like me. I like being out at the dot of 4:00 so I can be on the machines at the gym by 4:30. Then I'm home with plenty of time to shower and still do something constructive if I choose. Well, yesterday I was on my own at work and had to wait for someone to come in (she then talked my ear off) so I didn't get to leave work till about 5. I got to the gym and was ready to go by 5:30 and when I came out at 6:30, I immediately went into my locker to collect my things. These are regular gym lockers, and they aren't locked unless you bring a lock and put it on yourself. I guess I'm trustworthy, as I don't do that. Anyway, I went to grab my keys and when I look up into the top part of my locker (where i normally put my sweatpants and sweatshirt) there is a twenty dollar bill sitting there. It's folded up, so I automatically think it's a prank, where people put the money on the ground but it's not money.. it's just paper that looks like money on one side. Anyway, I'm not stupid.. after perusing the locker room, I grab it and put it in my pocket. My cousin was working at the front desk so I asked her if anyone mentioned losing any money, which they hadn't. I then felt ok with taking the money. Ok, wait.. I didn't TAKE it.. I FOUND it.. and that is the difference. I'm still a tad skeptical about it.. like alarms will go off when I spend it or something. I just find it weird that I didn't see it when I put my stuff in the locker. Anyway, I'm $20 richer and that was the perfect ending to my day

I've been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to post lately (weekends full of drinking, guitar hero and rock band will do that to you) but I'll do my best. Happy Tax Day!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh my word! I want your life! I want to drink and play guitar hero with you! xoxo