Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Making up for lost time

I love the beginning of the baseball season. Things are as they should be.. Seriously though, who do I have to talk to about keeping B-Rob?! The boy knows he's on the block yet is still giving it all he's got and THAT is the kind of player you want on your team for the long haul. DO YOU HEAR ME PETER ANGELOS?

Apparently, Project Runway is moving from Bravo to Lifetime. I am not a fan of the Lifetime network, as my husband didn't run off with my nanny or try to kill me. I'm curious to see how this will work out and if everyone involved will stay on board. If not, Lifetime could kill the show quicker than lethal injection. The good news is that it's likely we'll get two remaining editions of the show in 2008: One to air on Bravo and the next to air on Lifetime.

Big Brother: Well, when we last left the show, A-Baller had won the Head of Household competition, leaving Sharon to kick herself about the head and face, as she had a chance. Speculation was rampant around the house, as everyone just assumed he would put up James and Sharon. However, Adam had his own ideas and put up Sharon and Sheila. The Power of Veto competition is tonight and if the nominations stay the same, it might be time for Sheila to go. Basically, Adam said that if anyone wanted James out, they should fight for the veto and force Adam to put him up and I kind of respect him for that. Hell, the kid's won like, the last four POV competitions, might as well mix things up. That, and I'd really like to see Sheila get out. She doesn't irk me as much as Natalie (come on.. who could?) but I'm kind of sick of her.

Top Chef: Good episode, but I expected more. The chefs were paired up and had to be inspired by their favorite movies. There were so many better movies they could have picked that actually had something to do with food, yet they went with Willy Wonka (good pick.. just scares the bejesus out of me), Il Postino, Good Morning Vietnam, A Christmas Story and Top Secret. I thought A Christmas Story was going to be a disaster, but Ryan and Mark managed to pull it off, without Mark having a clue what the movie was about. I guess it had to be hard for them, with Mark being from New Zealand and all.. Coming up with a movie proved to be very trying! Il Postino and Good Morning Vietnam landed in the bottom two, and Manuel's reluctance to take charge gave him the boot. It was unfortunate, cause I kind of thought Spike deserved to go as he is supposedly making Vietnamese cuisine at his restaurant. He should have done better if that was his "thing." Richard, Andew and Dale's Willy Wonka inspired meal drew tons of praise from the judges, crowning Richard the winner of the elimination challenge, much to the chagrin of their fellow constestants, as few of them believed their white chocolate, wasabi and celery root dish couldn't POSSIBLY taste good.. Au contraire...

For the second time in as many years, I came in second in my old job's Final Four pool, netting me $25. Hey.. Beggars can't be choosers. In my other pool, it's quite possible I came in second, but tied a six month old. I guess I'm just happy she didn't beat me.

So Beyonce and Jay-Z got married? The marriage will more than likely be confirmed when they get divorced..

I finally managed to watch The Real World Awards Bash... and i was bored. I really never thought that would happen. My friend Chris and I were OBSESSED with it when it first came out and I have to say, I made it through to Key West without ever missing an episode. Then I realized there were better reality TV shows where people weren't drunk or having sex all the time.. just most of the time. Anyway, Chris called me because he wanted to know if I had seen Nathan from Seattle yet. He was a good looking guy back then and to say he hasn't aged well is an understatement. I really don't know what happened! To quote Clueless "he's a Monet." I saw him from afar, called Chris and said that he still looked good. Chris made me watch further and I then saw what he meant. Speaking of Seattle, Stephen is gay and getting married to his partner. Yep.. Stephen.. the perpetrator of "the slap hear round the world" on Irene when she told him "a marriage between you and I wouldn't work" because he's a homosexual.. to which he responded by grabbing his dick (ya know.. to prove his nonhomo-ness), throwing her stuffed animal in the water and THEN slapping a girl. Yeah Stephen.. you being gay was a REAL shocker! Anyway, Puck's still a douche, most of the girls will kiss another girl if the cameras are rolling, and Eric Nies looks like Jesus. That was about all I took from it.

I spent the weekend playing Guitar Hero. Seriously.. ALL weekend. J and I went to dinner and then to his brother's house on Saturday night, where we played Guitar Hero and THEN we played Rock Band, which is totally cool. I have newfound respect for musicians cause let me tell you, drums are HARD!!! I had everything on the easy setting, but it didn't matter. I'm happy to say I never got booed off the stage, but I also didn't have the balls to do the vocals. All the songs were like.. hard rock songs and I didn't know them nor did I want to embarass myself. I let J do it. I did NOT want to leave when the time came, but J's vacation is over so we had to go home. However, when I woke up in the morning I was pleasantly surprised to find a bag full of Mini Eggs on my car mirror. It took me until now to eat any of them, but I brought a bag to work and I'm making my way through it was we speak. Thanks Shell!!! You do take good care of me :). I ran four miles Sunday morning and then Tre and I went to Chatham to bowl. We THOUGHT we were bowling three games, but it turned out to be six instead. My legs felt like Jell-O and I was in bed by 9:30.

You all know my trials and tribulations with the Medifast Diet. As much as I didn't like it (for me) it did work! My friend Allyson and her husband are now distributors of the products and she called me the other night with an interesting opportunity. They're looking for people to be "health coaches." Basically, people who have done (or are in the process of doing) the diet that can be a shoulder to lean on for newbies. I would have to call people every couple of days (if that's what they want), answer their questions, give them advice, that type of thing. Also, hopefully I could get them to order their supplies through me and I get a portion of the sales. It seems like an easy, not very time consuming way to make some extra money. There is a meeting on Saturday afternoon, so my mom and I are going to go up and learn more about it. My mom is doing great on it and even with all my bitching, I'm considering doing it again to jump start some things. I mean, I lost 7 pounds in two weeks.. that's nothing to shake a stick at! We shall see what happens and if anyone really is interested in doing the diet, let me know. I'd be more than happy to let you make me some money ;) hee hee.. I'd love to be able to pay off some credit card bills without obtaining an illegal or illicit job opportunity!

My cousin Laura is having a Lia Sophia jewelry party tonight, so after I run the bridge, I have to head over there. Luckily, I have a $50 gift certificate so hopefully I won't end up spending too much. I mean, I haven't made any money yet AND I didn't win too much from my Final Four pool, so I don't want to go overboard.

Hopefully this post helped make up for my Guitar Hero slacking of late.... Get outside.. it's GORGEOUS!!!!

No comments: