Thursday, June 04, 2009

What’s that phrase about biting the hand that feeds you?

I don’t know who all of them are, but I respect their beliefs..

I thought this was kind of a given…

Matt Wieters made his Orioles debut on Friday night and was put to the test on the first batter, who bunted on the newbie. Wieters made a very clean play and gave O’s fans hope for the future. His hitting hasn’t been quite what they’d hoped, but he’s a puppy and according to sources, Markakis never started out too hot and look at him now! Off night tonight for the O’s after watching Ichiro extend his hitting streak and losing 2 of 3. Maybe a night off is just what the doctor ordered.

Congratulations to go out to my friends, Brian and Kate, who had their first child yesterday. His name is Parker and he was 6 lbs, 2 oz and 19 inches long. The funniest thing is that just yesterday morning I texted Kate asking if she was ever having this kid. Mere hours later, I had a picture mail from Brian proving that she did indeed, have him! The same thing happened when my friend Sue had her baby back in February. I called her on my way home from work to see if she had the baby, and I get a call less than an hour later from her sister, telling me that Karley was born. It’s crazy. I’m like, the baby whisperer or something!

Also yesterday, my mom had surgery on her foot to get rid of a bunion. That is some nasty stuff! I could see the pins through the ace bandage and everything. I do NOT want to see what’s underneath that bandage (no offense mom). She was doing alright yesterday, but the drugs obviously wore off today and she’s in quite a bit of pain! I have to compile some books and movies for her to watch during her non-mobile phase, as obviously my cooking won’t help!

Friday night, my friends and I converged on Joe’s, as our friend’s band was playing there. It’s not a place we frequent, but since the band was playing, we made the trip. Down the street. Yep.. it’s literally down the street. It was like a sauna in there, but damnit, they have great wings!!! Their first song was a little shaky, but they pulled it together and we had a good time. Tara wanted to be sure to point out that the bathroom there has a curtain (I believe it’s hunter green lace) over the mirror, like the mirror is a window. Apparently I drank too many pitchers (and shots, so unlike me) to make this observation! I guess when you have two kids to get up with in the morning observing, rather than drinking your face off is a better option! My sister and our friend Amy insist they’re going to build a stage so these guys can play at Nytropalooza 2009, but I’ll believe it when I see it!

Tuesday night, I went to my sister’s sectional game (they lost.. terrible umps also!) and after that me, mom and Tre had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (awesome). While Tre went to get my car, I walked through the mall to Macy’s to pick up some makeup at Lancome. This very tall, very well dressed black man was getting directions at one of the kiosks in the middle of the mall and he was a bit ahead of me. He suddenly turned around and then passed me, and I’m thinking “poor guy must REALLY be lost!” So as I get to Macy’s, I hear a voice say “excuse me.” I turn around, and it’s that guy. He asks me if I know where the Verizon store is, but I tell him that I don’t, as I don’t have Verizon. He then asks what I have and I tell him Sprint (Why? I have no idea). He asks me my name, and if I live in Albany and not once do I think to not answer his questions! He tells me his name is James and he lives in Atlanta but used to live in Albany. When I tell him where I live (because he asked) he tells me he had been down to a bar in Hudson, the Quarterback Club. I let him know that was in Catskill, not Hudson! Anyway, we’re chatting and he suddenly asks me if I’m single, which totally threw me off. Luckily, some people he knew were coming out of Macy’s, so he stops to say hi to them and they to him (and me, guilty by association!) As I’m sitting there, I’m like “what do I do?” Do I leave or do I stay and I was just flabbergasted by the fact that I’m just realizing I’m getting hit on.. in the mall. So once he’s done with his conversation, we start to walk into the mall and he again asks me if I’m single. I just kind of started to smile and laugh cause he was NOT letting up! I finally said “no, not really” (hello bold-faced lie) and he said that was too bad, but he was very glad that he got to see my beautiful smile. He said he was sorry for bothering me and I had to admit to him that he kinda made my night. I mean, who doesn’t want to get hit on, even if it’s in the mall?!

No comments: