Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's a good indication that the day isn't going to go your way when you pull out of your driveway directly behind a tractor. Once I passed him I got behind, you guessed it, ANOTHER tractor. Seriously!? Where do I live? Kansas!?

Since I was late (thank you tractors), I was speeding to work. I have a lead foot anyway, but today was a little more than usual. Luckily, a kind driver flashed his lights to let me know there was a State Trooper hiding in the weeds, not in his normal spot. Thank GOD! The last thing I need right now is a speeding ticket!

It really bothers me when people say "hello, how are you?" Not that part, but when I do answer with "good thanks, how are you?" and they don't answer! Um.. I answered your question, and I asked you one back. The least you can do is answer it, even though I don't really give a shit how your day is going. I feel like I've mentioned this peeve on the blog before, but I think it bears repeating..

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I must ask--this "hello, how are you?" exchange...is it stationary or is it a walking past each other in a hallway kinda convo? Because in the latter, ambulatory convo, I usually find it awkward to slow or cease my gait in order to maintain conversation...and so usually I answer a "How are you?" with just a "good." or "OK" or "BUGGER OFF, I'M WAAAALKIN' HE-YEAH!" to try to squelch further chatter.

Well, if it were *YOU* I believe I would probably stop walking and chat...