Sunday, June 21, 2009

Funny how your not so busy weekend, turns into something more. Happy Father's Day, first of all! Hope everyone was good to their daddies! I know I had a great lunch with my Dad, not to mention I got him the O's sweatshirt he very subtly hinted about, so that worked! Earlier this morning I tried to run up a hill. That didn't go so well. I made it about halfway up before I gave up. What can I say? It was MUGGY!!!!

Friday night we went out for my friend Nikki's birthday. Here are some pics of the short lived debauchery that ensued:

We had a great time, even thought the night started and ended earlier than anticipated, and I STILL haven't gotten into the hot tub that everyone threatens me with!

In the "what a small world" category... I'm sure everyone's heard that Mia Farrow's brother committed suicide earlier this week. The twist is that he did it in his gallery in the small town of Castleton, Vermont, where I went to college. Not much happens there besides underage drinking so I'm sure it made quite an impression on the town!

True Blood started last week, and I could not have been more excited. What made it even better is that it was a weekend of free HBO, so I was able to watch it in real time, as opposed to avoiding all talk of it until I get to Sue's to watch it with her! Anyway, it started the new season with a bang and (SPOILER ALERT) unlike the books, Lafayette is ALIVE!! Seriously.. how could they have gotten rid of him anyway? He's the most entertaining character on the show!

The first performance show of the season for So You Think You Can Dance was by far one of the best I've ever seen, but someone had to go! The next week really didn't live up to the hype and while I didn't agree with everyone in the bottom three, of those, I thought the right girl left. As for the boy, I didn't think it was time for Max to go! Granted, it's harder for ballroom dancers with the solo, but I didn't think Kapono's was strong enough combined with the dancing to keep him in the competition. For once, I actually voted, so I have every right to bitch about who went home.

I've been trying to catch Top Chef Masters, but it hasn't been event television for me. Still, I've enjoyed watching these master chefs kind of get their ass handed to them, and even be judged by some old Top Chef competitors. It's nice to see that even the stars in their field suck every once in a while!

Oh, my New Jersey Housewives! The finale was this week and as expected, drama ensued. Thanks to what I call "getting told by the producers," Teresa invited Danielle to her "housewarming" dinner party (which was not held at her house). Shit hit the fan when Danielle busted out "the book" and laid it on the dinner table in the middle of the party. She then proceeded to bitch out Dina for peddling the book around, and after letting it go for a while, Mama Bear Caroline took the blame for it. It's doubtful that it's true, but I LOVED the way she went about it. Since Danielle ruined her dinner party, Teresa flipped her shit (and a table) to get her point across to Danielle that she's a skanky whore. I don't know if it worked, cause Danielle still thinks her shit doesn't stink. I'm just kind of appalled that she had no qualms about starting all this drama while her daughters sat by and watched. I mean, what kind of mother does that? At least Teresa asked people to take her kids out of the room, which was probably good considering the f-bombs that were dropped during this conversation. The reunion will air on both Tuesday and Thursday, cause while it was a short season (damn you Bravo!), there's a LOT of dirt to muddle through. God damn, I can't wait!

Speaking of which, does THIS surprise anyone?

Fakeness? On The Hills? Say it ain't so!! (hey.. I watch the show, yes.. but I'm not a TOTAL idiot about it!)

Let's just say that Lindsey Lohan is NOT having a good week: Yet another Samantha Ronson breakup and being accused of thievery? Oh Lindsey.. when's that comeback gonna happen? She needs rehab, jail, or... oh wait.. She DID all those didn't she?

I'm happy to say the O's have been doing well the last few days or so, sweeping the Phillies and taking two of three from the Mets, which was pretty satisfying for me. I think I won a bet off that one as well, if my buddy decides to pay up! Also, Matt Wieters got his first major league home run the other night and Aubrey Huff has done quite a job in the game ending, clutch situations! Ah, if only there were pitching (although even that's been decent as of late... for the most part).

I left one of my post-it's at work, so I'm afraid this is all I've got for now. If I find some interesting stuff on the post-it sitting at my work station, I'll be sure to update you.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Father's Day AND their weekend!

No comments: