Friday, June 26, 2009

I knew I couldn't NOT post about this, but I was avoiding it at all costs, for fear that all will turn on me and my opinions, but such is life I guess, so here goes!

Bad things seem to happen in 3's and it certainly did so in the entertainment world, with the passing of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

I don't have much to say beyond that all three will be sorely missed by both their families and the entertainment world, however I can't pretend the Michael Jackson thing shocked me. Timing wise, yes. 50 is far from old, and the fact that he has three young children is even more tragic! But seriously.. he's been said to be in ill health for years.. It was bound to happen sometime. Is it unfortunate? Absolutely. He's an icon in his field and has done more for pop music than probably anyone else will. But if you had asked the majority of the common folk mourning his loss about him on Tuesday, the phrases child molester, pedophile and freak would probably have come up more than the phrases and accolades he earned in his career.

I certainly don't intend to belittle his death by any means. I find him to be one of the most talented people to ever walk the earth and I only hope he is forever remembered as the King of Pop.. not the guy who dangled his baby over a balcony, know what I mean?

I feel a little bad for Farrah.. She had a few hours before the Michael Jackson news overtook the news. She put herself on display (and no, I"m not talking about that Playboy spread), good or bad and I respect that.

Then there's Ed... He's Ed McMahon for God's sake.. what more do you have to say!?

Hopefully, the three is over..

No comments: