Friday, May 29, 2009

You have to love those crazy Jersey housewives… Apparently shit’s hitting the fan next week, partially because of this little revelation! In other housewife news, the next series will be set in D.C. Housewives AND politics? It might just be too much to handle!

Tuesday night I hosted a Madison Handbag party, as my co-worker recently began selling them and I wanted to help her out (and get a cheap bag) by having a party. It went really well, as a lot of people came and shelled out for bags, even my sister, who has probably never owned a REAL purse in her life. I ended up getting a few bags and basically paying for one. You can’t knock that! My only problem was narrowing it down to which fabrics I wanted! I probably should have made Ashley take the fabrics away from me, which would have forced me to make up my mind, but instead she let me keep them. The one bag I ended up getting was nothing near what I had picked originally, and I can’t wait until they come in, as I’m sure neither can any of the girls at the party!

In a stunning turn of events, Archie (of Archie comics fame) has finally decided to make an honest woman of one of his paramours and either way, Team Betty or Team Veronica will NOT be happy… This is who he picked… Personally, I think she’s better off without him.. Speaking of comic books, here’s the latest unlikely (yet extremely fashionable) hero coming to a comic book store near you!

The O’s are really on a tear this week! First a three game sweep of the first place Blue Jays (thank you Nolan Reimold… I have GOT to order that jersey) and a win over Detroit last night brings us to a 4 game win streak. Not to mention all the hype over today’s arrival of prodigal son, Matt Wieters. I’m trying to downplay, but I REALLY hope he lives up to all the hype and that he doesn’t turn into a cautionary tale. Good luck to the O’s and their new backstop for the next 10 or so years!

Sandra said she’d camp outside for tickets to this movie, but I think I’ll only do it if he promises to have AT LEAST his shirt off for half of the film…

So here’s a story: I told you how I met a guy on Saturday night. Great dancer, seemed nice enough, but something was… off. I vaguely remember him saying something about church, as it seemed like he was trying to get me back to his apartment (we’ll get a slice of pizza, he said… RIGHT). Anyway, we talked on the phone briefly the other night and he texted me yesterday and asked how I was and if I wanted to meet up this weekend. First of all, don’t ask me out via text. Seriously. I have standards. Not many, but some. I told him it was a good idea, but that I’d really like to get to know more about him first. He simply said “ok,” which I thought was a little weird. So I basically told him that if he’s looking for a quick lay, I’m not his girl. I am WAY too old for that crap anymore and why should I waste my time hanging out with someone who’s not looking for the same thing as me. I did it for three years lol.. I may have FINALLY learned my lesson! Anyway, I did apologize to him if I offended and didn’t hear from him for a while, so I figured I pegged him right. When he finally does text me back he says something to the effect of: About me: I don’t normally go to bars. This week I have 7 functions that are church related. Almost all of my friends are Christian.

That sound? My jaw dropping. He also said something about being discipled and about gifts, but I’m not even getting into that. Anyway, again, I apologized profusely and he apologized back for coming off sleazy.. Note to bloggers – religious I’m not. I had my first communion, I’ve been confirmed, but that’s it. It’s not that I don’t believe in God, cause I do. I’m just not fanatical about it, as some people are. I don’t think it’s a bad thing to be, it’s just not my thing. I reiterated to him that I’m not quite like him, and he didn’t seem to think that was a problem. Talk about jumping to conclusions, right? Anyway, I haven’t had a chance to really ask him some questions about it, but there are still some things about it that seem a little…. shady. My friend totally thinks it’s a scam, and if it is, what an elaborate ruse just to get into some random girl’s pants! I mean, he sounds knowledgeable (that’s what all those old ladies say after the young charmer steals their life savings, right?). Anyway, I know he had a drink at the bar, but other than that, I have nothing real solid to go on. I don’t think there’s a law that you have to abstain from all alcohol to be Christian, but I’m a little oblivious to the whole thing. Anyway, so far that’s the story. I seriously can’t make this shit up.

David Sedaris is doing a reading from his latest book “When You Are Engulfed in Flames,” and an autograph session at the Borders in Crossgates on Wednesday at 7 pm. I know no one who will go with me, but I’m not sure I care. I’ve read all his books and I think he’s great, so I might just take myself on a date that night!

I’m sure lots of people could see this coming YEARS ago, but Mayim Bialik (Blossom) will be on What Not to Wear for tonight’s season premiere. Apparently she’s still holding on to her peasant skirts and Doc Martens, but Clinton and Stacey try to set her straight.

And already, the Hills are alive with the sound of DRAMA!!! I might have to watch now, even after the loss of my girl LC (who apparently I exemplify, according to the latest Facebook quiz).

I'm hoping for a mellow weekend, albeit full of baby birthdays and baby showers! Enjoy your weekends and finally, best of luck to my sister and her softball team at Sectionals!! Kick ass!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Firstly, Archie,Betty, & Veronica all have BLOGS? What the F?

Let the record show that I have always, ALWAYS been Team Veronica (nevermind that I stopped buying Laff Digests around '87 or '88) partly because V has some sass but mostly because Betty is a snoooooze. HOWEVER, I believe the masses have always been pro-Betty so I'm pretty certain the comic will pander to that and throw in a "surprise", bride switcheroo, twist-ending in there. LAME.