Friday, May 22, 2009

In what’s being considered an upset, Kris Allen defeated Adam Lambert for the American Idol title. I’ve liked Kris from the get-go and I personally think he’ll be a better Idol. This will leave Adam Lambert a little more creative control over his album and I’m sure he’ll be better off this way. I’m sure the Danny Gokey fans pushed Kris over the top with their support, as he and Lambert were basically polar opposites. If you haven’t already, I beg you to download Kris Allen’s version of Heartless by Kanye West. Let’s just say Kris picked a really great time to peak.


My Dad and I were supposed to go to Yankee Stadium for the O’s-Yanks game Wednesday night, but I decided not to as it was just going to be too much of a hassle: I had a softball game and we wouldn’t get home till pretty late. I’m so glad I made that decision, as I would have had to endure the heckling taunts of Yankee fans as there were back to back to back home runs hit in the O’s loss, which kept the Yanks winning streak intact and was the middle of their sweep. The O’s aren’t doing so hot, but at least there are individuals who are getting some recognition (thanks to Rob for sending me that article and putting the image of a butt-naked Nick Markakis on a bike… I owe you for that one!)

Memorial Day weekend is a good one for the movie-goers, and this site might come in handy.

I think I’ve mentioned the workers upstairs from my office a few times on the blog. Let’s just say they obviously don’t have much of a dress code. Proof of this is as follows: Wednesday I was on my way around the office and I caught one of their workers outside smoking… and wearing pin-striped spandex bike shorts. She had on a nice (night out) top and bike shorts. First of all, unless people are biking or doing an activity of some sort, I was unaware people wore bike shorts anymore! Maybe she biked to work that morning… but I doubt it. I mean, they WERE pin-striped, so does that make them dressy enough for work? You let me know…

Who doesn’t want to milk their 15 minutes (or years in this case) of fame, no matter how wrong it is!?

One of my new favorite housewives is expecting…. I guess if I had all that free time and a gorgeous house, I’d pop out four kids too. Ok no.. that’s so not true!

Speaking of Real Housewives, it’s been reported that the NYC ladies will sign on for another season at a cost of $30,000 each per episode. Not too shabby for a reality show!

And THIS is why I don’t wear skinny jeans. Well, that and the fact that I don’t have skinny legs so technically, they wouldn’t really BE skinny jeans, but that’s neither here nor there.

Now this is a situation I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. How you can have your highest high and your lowest low at the same time is just mind-numbing!

I’m thinking this is probably one of those “no pressure” situations (note the sarcasm).

Personally, I expected she would go younger with less baggage...

Who do you think would win in a Hill's douche fight?

Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Happy Birthday to my friend Danny!!! We are gonna rip up the dance floor at Savannah's (The Dublin Underground) tomorrow night. I hope to have pictures aplenty to illuminate the blog! Have a great holiday weekend!!!

PS - I managed to not collapse or need oxygen during yesterday's race. There were over 7,000 runners. It was absolutely insane and the craziest thing I've ever been a part of! It was 3.5 miles and I definitely ran the last 1.5 without stopping, but the second mile (which happened to be the flattest) was where I got my rest. I'm not thrilled with my time, but I wasn't really doing it for good time anyway (i'm a short girl with short legs.. speed is not my forte). The pomegranate margarita and nachos at El Mariachi afterwards sure helped to make up for the heat and physical exertion...

No comments: