Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We should all know by now of my love for the new Applebee's down the street (at least you do if you're one of my facebook friends. I wax poetic about it at least twice a week, if not more), so imagine my surprise and chagrin when I read this article, as the Chicken Fajita Rollup is one of my faves. Granted, I don't eat the mexi-ranch sauce, but I have a feeling that's not going to make as much of a difference as I'd hoped. And I've had the garlic herb chicken. It's good... but child sized portioned. Damn the USA and your love of making everyone fat with your humongous portion sizes!!!

It's going to be 87 degrees tomorrow... and I'm running (Well... running for ME, which is basically a very fast walk for others, with longer legs). My track record of running in extreme heat isn't so good. I'm bringing extra clothes and can't wait for my after-race margarita. I might need a ride... I have a feeling dehydration and tequila aren't a good combination!

Yesterday at work someone told me "I like your top. It looks comfy." I wasn't quite sure how to take this. I mean, it was comfy, but was it comfy because it was big? Did I look slovenly? I'm just going to take it as a compliment to my taste and move on.

I don't know if anyone watches 90210, but apparently air-bitch slapping Naomi's sister doesn't translate through to the action on the TV screen. There's gonna be one hell of a nervous breakdown coming next season and I will totally be there to witness the train wreck. I normally loathe remakes (I mean, aren't there enough people with ideas out there?) but I adore the 90210. Not sure if I'm willing to give the new Melrose Place a chance though. That got a bit too out of control for my tastes way back in the day.

Real Housewives of NJ - Danielle is a seriously delusional whack job. That's my observation for the week. Discuss amongst yourselves.

In what could be classified as a bit of an upset, Shawn Johnson reigned supreme on DWTS and managed to up the pressure for the next Olympian that decides to compete. She and her partner, Mark Ballas beat Gilles Marini and Cheryl Burke by less than 1% of the vote, with Melissa Rycroft and the love of my life, Tony Dovolani, coming in third. Shawn really peaked at the right time, at least in my opinion. She stopped doubting herself and had lots of fun, which is evident in her freestyle. I've rooted for her from the beginning and I'm glad she came out the victor.

I've been a day ahead of myself all week. Today I was confident it was Thursday. It is not. Therefore, hump away and allow me to live vicariously through you!!! Half the work week is officially over!

No comments: