Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things I am ashamed of liking, but will like them anyway:
1) Denise Richards: It's Complicated - I kinda like her. She swears like a truck driver, is really close to her dad and doesn't have extensions. I don't know.. I didn't want to watch this show, let alone like it, but I think she's entertaining. And that Charlie Sheen is kinda batshit crazy, but that's neither here nor there considering she's not necessarily firing on all cylinders either. However, that's kind of what I like about her. I know she did this show to show people "the truth" and I guess I'm now a bit of a convert.. But I still don't think it's all that complicated.
2) Miley Cyrus: 7 Things - It's catchy, ya gotta give it that. I'm just hoping when I download it onto my Ipod it doesn't say Hannah Montana as the artist. As an almost 32 year old woman, I can deal with having Miley on my Ipod (kinda) but Hannah Montana is kind of.. well... wrong.

As I believe I've mentioned, my cousin and her boyfriend are coming up from Florida tomorrow, and they're staying at our house. The new boxspring and mattress are coming today so once tonight is over, the room will look like a REAL spare room and not just where we throw everything. I got my new bedspread yesterday, which I love! It looks perfect in my room and I don't have to change a thing (yay!). However, it is heavier than my other bedspread so I'm going to have to get used to that. I have yet to hear any plans for the trip from my cousin, which would be nice since Tre and I both have games tomorrow night. I have no idea when they're coming in or anything. Yep.. living in Florida, still drives me nuts :)

Last night, Tre ran 8 miles (ish) and wanted me to go with her to map it out so she knew exactly what she did. I have been craving a milkshake for weeks, so I thought I'd go with her and maybe stop to get one. Well, we came up Warren Street and saw Lick, a new ice cream place. It didn't take much convincing to get Tre to stop and i got the milkshake I'd been craving (vanilla bean). Tre got a scoop of banana and cookies ice cream on a sugar cone that she raved about the whole time we were there. The ice cream is different - flavors you've probably never seen before, but good! Granted, it's downtown so it's kind of expensive (my shake was $4.25 and Tre's single scoop cone was $2.75) but it was nice to stop there just before 10 and still be able to get what you wanted. Apparently there's another ice cream place that opened where the Oakdale Deli used to be, so I guess we need to try that one out too!

The death of George Carlin came as quite a shock! Granted, the man is 71 years old, but there was no indication (much like Tim Russert) that anything was wrong with him.. at least not to outsiders. He will be sorely missed in the comedy community, and even garnered a posthumous Mark Twain Prize for Comedy. Also lost this weekend was Dody Goodman, who I know best as Blanche in Grease and Grease 2. She was absolutely hysterical in both and considering she was 93, I'm sure I missed what can be considerered her best performances. Sucky day for comedy huh!?

So, it's finally occurred to me (less than three weeks prior) that my body and I are NOT going to be ready to compete in the boilermaker. Hell, after the debacle that was the OK 5K, I'm not sure what I'm capable of! Anyway, they do have a 5K prior to the 15K so I thought maybe I could transfer to that. Well, no refunds, no transfers. Bastards. So now if I want to do it (which I really do) I'm going to have to eat the $30 I spent on the boilermaker and spend another $20 to do the 5K. I hate to do it, but I think my body might think it's worth it after the whole peeing incident. I mean, if I peed my pants at a 5K, imagine what would happen to me during a 15K? My bladder might literally fall out of my body!

In between finishing up the spare room tonight, J and I are planning to catch a movie (God, I love summer... there are about a million movies he actually wants to see and I could care less as long as there's popcorn involved). We haven't decided if we're going to see Get Smart or The Incredible Hulk. I'm betting it's The Incredible Hulk and I'm ok with that. I want to see both and I love me some Edward Norton. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments: